Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Clean up at fast food?
Previous  1  2

RachelB

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 7:04 pm
Just a comment: when I see a mother getting ready to leave with a double stroller, a toddler and a 4 year old and she did not clean up - I can understand why, but when frum teenage girls do it....I'm in shock.
That's why I always almost take the food home - I do not want to eat next to other ppls garbage plus I must use utensils LOL

greenfire

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 7:20 pm
RachelB wrote:
Just a comment: when I see a mother getting ready to leave with a double stroller, a toddler and a 4 year old and she did not clean up - I can understand why, but when frum teenage girls do it....I'm in shock.
That's why I always almost take the food home - I do not want to eat next to other ppls garbage plus I must use utensils LOL

shock who gives them rights to make a mess just cause they have 4 kids ... and how will the frum kids learn ... and whatever happened to the boys ?!?!?! Confused

mummiedearest

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 7:25 pm
well, I have left it a few times recently because I didn't want to leave my stroller-bound kids where I couldn't see them in an overcrowded pizza shop, but I felt bad about it. the thing is, in brooklyn they DO have employees to clean the table.

cassandra

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 7:25 pm
RachelB wrote:
Just a comment: when I see a mother getting ready to leave with a double stroller, a toddler and a 4 year old and she did not clean up - I can understand why,

I practically have that, and I don't think that is an excuse. Since I had my fourth I do not eat out with my kids alone since it would require concessions to basic human decency.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 7:33 pm
when there's no staff to clean up, I agree, cassandra, but when you know someone is paid to do it, I beg to differ. I don't like leaving my trash, but I still feel I can do it when necessary without feeling like a disgrace to humanity.

cassandra

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 7:35 pm
They are there to wipe the tables, wash the floor, refill the cutlery and condiments, etc. I can't look someone in the eye and then leave my garbage for them to clean up. Sometimes they come over when they see I'm finished and I help them clean up. Just because it's their job doesn't mean it is a dignified one, and I would like to treat other humans with as much dignity as possible. They aren't cleaning garbage off the table because they find it fulfilling.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 7:40 pm
considering some of them come clear my stuff when they see I'm thinking about being done, I have decided to feel only somewhat bad when I leave the trash. I always put everything on the tray so no one has to touch the garbage. I feel better doing this than paying someone to clean my toilets, btw. I think that's way worse.

cassandra

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 7:42 pm
Consolidating all of your garbage onto one tray and then handing it to someone who is going to clean up is different. I don't think that's so bad. But I think leaving all of your garbage strewn about the table is awful.

Twizzlers

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 8:23 pm
mummiedearest Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

its very hard when u have a double stroller of cranky kids who want to go home, to start weaving thru all the other people and tables to get to a garbage can which is on the other side of the store, all while balancing a tray or two, and shouting to the toddler "I'm coming, I'm coming"

so yes, if I'm within seeing distance of my stroller and can get to a trash can, I will. otherwise I pile e/t on the tray and leave it.

Dini

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 8:37 pm
I don't eat in pizza shops usually just take it out but if I do I would pile all the garbage on the tray.

My aunt and friends were in a bungalow colony and would go take their walk and occasionally stop at the pizza shop. one of her friends always put all the garbage on the tray ready for disposal. My aunt and friends thought it was very kind of her. A while later this friend got a flat tire on the road and one of the workers from the pizza shop happened to be there and was more than glad to help her.

I just thought of this story when I read this thread...

louche

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 9:09 pm
cassandra wrote:
They are there to wipe the tables, wash the floor, refill the cutlery and condiments, etc. I can't look someone in the eye and then leave my garbage for them to clean up. .

Sisters under the skin. I don't stack the dishes in a nice restaurant or at a wedding, b/c that's just not done, but I have to stifle the impulse every time.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette