Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Fragile X
Previous  1  2

Isramom8

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 8:54 am
I don't see what answers there could possibly be about having biological children other than what people responded: trying ivf with pgd, or trying naturally with the possibility that one or more will have some minor, moderate or major (unknown) degree of the syndrome.

I'm thinking that if it were me, I'd see these options:
trying to conceive naturally, with the risk of some degree of fragile x
trying ivf with pgd
adoption
fostering
not having kids

Abortion is a general option but I feel that I wouldn't choose it.

How is it judgmental to share experiences and present options? (For the record, I did specific testing for fragile x carrier status, and the result was that I am not a carrier.)

amother

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 11:31 am
Can someoneplease explain factor X. I googled it & looks like some kind of blood disorder.

Isramom8

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 12:36 pm
I don't know what factor x is. The OP is asking about fragile x syndrome, which can cause cognitive delay on some level, or not, and other challenges on some level, or not be noticable.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 12:47 pm
I am not the original OP but I bumped the topic.
ok isramom I came here looking for others in my situation. I will not waste my time defending my actions to you. if you think you are above G-d then that is your problem. Unless you are in my shoes you have no right to judge. I think you need to quit the holier than thou attitude and work on being less judgmental.
just to add to others who are curious about fragile x: in boys, fragile x is not just MILD retardation. I do not have children with fragile x but I know other children who have it so if you want to know more about it ask me. dont ask isramom bec she clearly does not have exposure to it like I do.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics