Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller thoughts for triplet toddlers
1  2  3  4  Next

bashinda

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 10:43 pm
I need to get a stroller to accomodate all of them. B"H, my older DD is walking well most of the time, she's almost 5 and my options seem to be:

1. valco with the jump seat

2. triple stroller

3. a quad stroller but I want to encourage my oldest DD to walk and I can't imagine myself pushing that thing with all 4 of them in it up a hill. I like getting exercise but that sounds a little Compress Shaking to me.

Any ideas about any option or any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

mummiedearest

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 10:45 pm
joovy caboose double

a reg double with a boogie board

a tandem bicycle for four (kidding)

bashinda

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 10:51 pm
what's a boogy board? Oh I forgot to say that my trips are 22 months old.

flowerpower

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 10:52 pm
bashina-I had no idea u had triplets, what a busy life. u can get the valco with the seat since they arent infants anymore.

abismommy

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 11:00 pm
I think it's called a bUggy board..., but boogie sounds cute!
http://www.toysrus.com/product.....90630

Last edited by abismommy on Wed, May 07 2008, 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

mummiedearest

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 11:03 pm
oops.

manhattanmom

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 11:05 pm
just curious--what did you use when they were infants?

mummiedearest

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 11:07 pm
here's the joovy:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog.....39773

bashinda

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 11:12 pm
manhattanmom wrote:
just curious--what did you use when they were infants?

I used this bulky inglesina which was supposed to be a triple but I only used it as a double and I never took them all out alone. So we were home a lot. At first I did use a carrier but then they got too big and it was exhausting just getting them out of the house. B"H though. Smile

then I got a peg perego someone was giving away which was great for awhile but it's falling apart so I think it's time for something new. Also I really need to start getting out with them more.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 11:13 pm
the valco with the jumpseat can only give you 3 seat. but I think your dd is old enough to walk. (Where I live, kids over 3 dont really sit in strollers, esp if they have 3 younger sibs!)

bashinda

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 11:15 pm
sleepless-n-ny wrote:
bashina-I had no idea u had triplets, what a busy life. u can get the valco with the seat since they arent infants anymore.

yeah that's what I'm leaning toward. I would just have to keep an eye on who's tired and swap them around a bit as necessary.

ruthanne

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 11:46 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
the valco with the jumpseat can only give you 3 seat. but I think your dd is old enough to walk. (Where I live, kids over 3 dont really sit in strollers, esp if they have 3 younger sibs!)

I was thinking the same thing. I didnt even get a double stroller for my
2 1/2 yr old when I had the next baby and he never needed a stroller. Now at 4 he wouldnt dream of going in the stroller and he walked over a mile each way to shul on YT with no complaints!

anonymom

Post Wed, May 07 2008, 11:51 pm
You are asking for "thoughts"

Please do not take my thoughts negatively. I do not mean to judge you. I cannot begin to imagine having triplets. I find one toddler at a time pretty chanllenging. And I realize that everyone does what works for them.

First of all, what stroller have you been using until now, and why is that not going to work anymore?

Second, How much do you walk and how much of the time must they be in strollers? Do they walk? Are they small for their age? Can you get some type of harness with a leash for lack of a better word? I don't know your lifestyle, but maybe you could gradually get the kids used to walking more.

shopaholic

Post Thu, May 08 2008, 10:16 am
Doesn't matter how much they walk. They are 22 months old & if Bashinda wants to get out of the house she needs to have them safely strapped in somewhere. I saw someone in England with a triple jogger. I can't remember which brand but it may have been mountain buggy. Otherwize, I would go with the Valco & the toddler seat. As for you older DD, she's way old enough to be walking. Don't worry about her. Even if she's tired, she'll have to walk.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 08 2008, 10:34 am
if you go out mostly when she's at school, you DEF don't need that extra seat for her.

unless you're going for quads next time ? Smile

greenfire

Post Thu, May 08 2008, 10:53 am
what about a wagon ... What
http://www.step2.com/product.c.....=1178

pinktichel

Post Thu, May 08 2008, 12:07 pm
greenfire wrote:
what about a wagon ... What
http://www.step2.com/product.c.....=1178

Rolling Laughter I can just see BasHinda walking into the local grocery store and shopping with one of those!!

Triplets? Oh boy! How on earth do you ever see daylight? It takes forever to get out of the house with an 18 mnth and 3.5 mnth old! You must be a saint!

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 08 2008, 12:13 pm
abismommy wrote:
I think it's called a bUggy board..., but boogie sounds cute!
http://www.toysrus.com/product.....90630

depending on the type of rear axle your stroller has- it is either a buggy or kiddy board. my dd#1 was 4 when my 2nd was born- I got a kiddy board for long walks. she's 5 now & walks everywhere all of the time and does fine. my vote is for the valco with the jump seat. you can rotate the baby in the jump seat if they get tired. and it is not so wide that you can't get through doorways.

amother

Post Thu, May 08 2008, 12:16 pm
I saw someone on luach selling their triple jogger, I think it's a mountain buggy, they are in baltimore though

Triple Jogging Stroller We are looking to sell our triple jogging stroller. It's in good condition. Great buy for you or your babysitter who is caring for multiple children. Please call 410-484-4102 (posted 5/5) Send to a friend

mummiedearest

Post Thu, May 08 2008, 12:18 pm
http://www.overstock.com/Sport.....html?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics