Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Books Needed that explain "beauty" of nidda

chanis

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 5:11 pm
Does anyone know of any books that explain the beauty of being a niddah, especially after giving birth? Please let me know, thanks.

cassandra

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 5:45 pm
I doubt anyone is going to call it "beautiful". There is an Aish Hatorah book called Eye of a Needle which has a chapter discussing the concept of tuma and tahara and how tuma comes from loss of life and the tahara process is the means of restoring that. In childbirth you have lost life from your body (though you gained a separate, new life) and perhaps through your period of Tumas Yoledes you can reflect on the changes your body has been through and how you are transitioning from being a pregnant woman (carrying life inside you) to a mother (now responsible for the new life outside of you, but still an individual in his own right). Perhaps a new mother needs those few weeks to transition from one state to another.

Goldie1964

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 10:06 pm
There's a book called "total immersion" that's very good and another one called " the secret of Jewish femininity". Both talk to the Halacha AND the hashkafa

up north

Post Sun, Dec 01 2013, 10:27 pm
lisa aitken- to be a jewish woman

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 2:38 am
The beauty of being niddah? Beauty of Taharat Hamishpacha, sure; for some people, the convenience or relief of being niddah; but "beauty" of being niddah? I'd like to meet THAT spin doctor!

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 3:00 am
This thread is 5 years old.

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 02 2013, 3:19 am
aaargh! Got caught again! Seriously, SOMEDAY I will learn to check thread start dates before opening them. Just as I will someday learn to compose offline so my compositions don't evaporate when I'm timed out. Someday. But not, apparently, today.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics