Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you yell at strangers?

amother

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 6:54 pm
My bil (25 yrs old) has problems. He wasn't born with it, just the way he was brought up and I guess his personality. He's very, very quiet and weird in other ways. He also has these screaming fits for the littlest thing. He went to a yeshiva in e"y for a year and everyone there said he was normal, or at least normal w/o the screaming fits. We realized he only does it with his parents. I told my dh that I think it's because a person only get upset (to that pt) with pple you love. When he was in e"y there was no one there he really cared about, so there was no reason to do that. He needs to go back to e"y, but in the meantime he's home.
What I'm asking is, who would you get more upset with, a loved one or a stranger? I want to test my theory Smile .

Squash

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 8:15 pm
I don't think it's a matter of who you get more upset at. it's just that we feel more 'free' to express that upset more openly and aggresively with those who we're close to. unfortunately.

flowerpower

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 8:24 pm
I think that since he came back from ey he was so free at taht point and then he has boundaries again, its hard for him and he doesnt know how to handle it

greenfire

Post Sun, May 11 2008, 8:54 pm
hm ... so what is he gonna yell at ... or shall we say whom if he gets married ... you can't run away from family to avoid anger issues ... they follow you or catch up eventually ... and yes people do get more emotionally involved with those they love and are close with ...

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 4:15 pm
wow, I totally feel that and was just wondering if it was just me.
I'm so nice in general, and at work I'm so sweet, and I'll do anything for my friends,
but at home, with my family or my husband,
the littlest things get on my nerves and I get SO angry at him/them.
I wondered if it was just cuz all my "nice" energy is wasted at work and I have none left later,
or maybe thats just it, you can let out all your feelings with fam and husband, but probably shouldn't cuz those relationships matter most.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette