Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
The Most Rewarding Career in the World
1  2  3  Next

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 10 2004, 11:31 pm
If someone you trusted totaly told you that you can have riches galore but you would have to work long and hard to get it, but in a few years you would be a wealthy person and not work so hard for the rest of your life. Wouldnt you grab the opportunity even with the hardships involved, especially if you were physically fit for the Job?
There is no shlichus that is as hard emotionaly and physicaly draining then bringing neshamas into the world... yet it has the highest guaranteed dividends... big time!! And there are so many unfortunatley R"l who would love to have more children but can't... shouldnt we grab at the opportunity that we can. Question
The Jewish Woman has the most wonderful career in the world .... expanding the jewish nation Very Happy

Motek

Post Thu, Nov 11 2004, 1:02 pm
beautifully put
now if only you can make those pictures clearer ...

Tefila

Post Thu, Nov 11 2004, 1:09 pm
Had to counteract the b-c threads
Quote:
now if only you can make those pictures clearer ...

Maybe... tonight, will work on it Smile

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Nov 11 2004, 7:28 pm
POSITION: Mom, Mama, Mother

JOB DESCRIPTION: Long term team players needed for challenging permanent work in an often chaotic environment. Candidates must possess excellent communication and organizational skills and be willing to work variable hours, which will include evenings and weekends and frequent 24 hour shifts on call. Some overnight travel required, including trips to primitive camping sites on rainy weekends and endless sports tournaments in far away cities. Travel expenses not reimbursed. Extensive courier duties also required.

RESPONSIBILITIES: For the rest of your life. Must be willing to be hated, at least temporarily, until someone needs $5. Must be willing to bite tongue repeatedly. Also, must possess the physical stamina of a pack mule and be able to go from zero to 60 mph in three seconds flat in case, this time, the screams from the backyard are not someone just crying wolf. Must be willing to face stimulating technical challenges, such small gadget repair, mysteriously sluggish toilets and stuck zippers. Must screen phone calls maintain calendars and coordinate production of multiple homework projects.
Must have ability to plan and organize social gatherings for clients of all ages and mental outlooks. Must be willing to be indispensable one minute, an embarrassment the next. Must handle assembly and product safety testing of a half million cheap, plastic toys and battery operated devices. Must always hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. Must assume
final, complete accountability or the quality of the end product.
Responsibilities also include floor maintenance and janitorial work throughout the facility.

POSSIBILITY FOR ADVANCEMENT AND PROMOTION: Virtually none. Your job is to remain in the same position for years, without complaining constantly retraining and updating your skills, so that those in your charge can ultimately surpass you.

PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: None required, unfortunately. On-the-job training offered on a continually exhausting basis.

WAGES AND COMPENSATION: You pay them! Offering frequent raises and
bonuses. A balloon payment is due when they turn 18 because of the assumption that college will help them become financially independent. When you die, you give them whatever is left. The oddest thing about this reverse-salary scheme is that you actually enjoy it and wish you could only do more.

BENEFITS: While no health or dental insurance, no pension, no tuition reimbursement, no paid holidays and no stock options are offered; this job supplies limitless opportunities for personal growth and free hugs for life if you play your cards right.

Tefila

Post Thu, Nov 11 2004, 9:19 pm
Quote:
this job supplies limitless opportunities for personal growth and free hugs for life if you play your cards right

I like it, atchually I love it. where da ya get it? Wink

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Nov 11 2004, 9:33 pm
from a friend...
Have a folder on my comp where I keep all this stuff

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Nov 11 2004, 9:38 pm
Survivor
he next Survivor show should be: 6 Married men will be dropped on an island with 1 car and 4 kids each, for 6 weeks.

*Each kid plays two sports and either takes music or dance classes.
*There is no access to fast food.
*Each man must take care of his 4 kids, keep his assigned house clean, correct all homework, complete science projects, cook, do laundry, etc.
*The men only have access to television when the kids are asleep and all chores are done. There is only one TV between them and there is no remote.
*The men must shave their legs and wear makeup daily, which they must apply themselves, either while driving or while making four lunches.
*They must attend weekly PTA meetings; clean up after their sick children at 3:00 A.M; make an Indian hut model with six toothpicks, a tortilla and one marker; and get a 4 year old to eat a serving of peas.
*The kids vote them off the island, based on performance.
*The last man wins only if he has enough energy to be intimate with his spouse at a moment's notice.
*If the last man does win, he can play the game over and over again for the next 18-25 years - eventually earning the right to be called "Mother".

Tefila

Post Thu, Nov 11 2004, 9:43 pm
Quote:
*If the last man does win, he can play the game over and over again for the next 18-25 years - eventually earning the right to be called "Mother".

8) How much more is in that folder of urs? Very Happy

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Nov 11 2004, 9:55 pm
this is it for now Smile
LOL

amother

Post Mon, Nov 15 2004, 4:59 am
Freilich I liked what you wrote untill you wrote
"had to counteract those b.c threads"
at which point I felt hurt.

the b/c threads are about women who can't cope, we are not denying that it is a wonderfull thing to bring jewish Neshamas into the world etc, that we are all in agreement with, we are discussing people not coping, its not fair to make what you wrote into a "counteract". Its making it sound like we really don't care

If only you knew how torn I am. I so badly want to have a baby now but I just know that I am not fit mentally for it yet, I feel like if I am not carefull I will be at the brink of a breakdown. Everytime I see a baby my heart melts and I go all goo goo ga ga, but then I come back to my kids find myself yelling too much kvetching crying (me not the kids)and I realise it wouldn't be fair to my family or myself to get pregnant right now
If only you had left off that sentence than what you wrote would have been beautifull. but with that one sentence you changed the whole meaning of it.

gryp

Post Mon, Nov 15 2004, 10:04 am
I think it is important to keep in mind the proper hashkafa while we all agree there are exceptions to this halacha.

ForeverYoung

Post Mon, Nov 15 2004, 10:24 am
proper hashkafa is not 'have as many kids as you can"
it is Raise good children

gryp

Post Mon, Nov 15 2004, 10:44 am
thats not what I meant. its pointless to argue over hashkafa when we follow different drachim in yiddishkeit.

the hashkafa I was referring to is that birth control is assur but there are heterim.

the hashkafa I was brought up with is to have large families and raise them properly not one or the other.

ForeverYoung

Post Mon, Nov 15 2004, 10:54 am
how about:
raise properly as many kids as possible? Wink

Tefila

Post Mon, Nov 15 2004, 11:59 am
Amother
Quote:
Freilich I liked what you wrote untill you wrote
"had to counteract those b.c threads"

and
Quote:
If only you knew how torn I am. I so badly want to have a baby now but I just know that I am not fit mentally for it yet

It is no secret I too have been on b-c more than once and I have had c-Sections more than once. You think I don't understand you, you think I have never been there, you think I have'nt woken up in the middle of the night shaking, you think I have never screamed at my kids or cryed...That is what my hubby is there for, that is what support groups like this are here for. . I am just like you!
I consider this job more important than anything in the world, this is my shlichus and I will try to do it the best I can, I did'nt say NO to b-c I just said we have to also look at the broader pic.Noone said Hashems Torah is easy,however the Yetzer Hora who comes in many, many disguises makes it look or seem that much harder Exclamation

ForeverYoung
Quote:
proper hashkafa is not 'have as many kids as you can"
it is Raise good children

It is both! We are not Hashem we don't know who will survive who will not, who will go away from the derech C"V who won't. We do our best. And daven Hashem does the rest!

Last edited by Tefila on Wed, Nov 17 2004, 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

ForeverYoung

Post Mon, Nov 15 2004, 1:11 pm
Freilich, your last remark is a it sad, but true.
However, I still believe that H' would like quality
(ie - if you know you can't cope)

to give birth just b/c you can is not a good idea.
(I know you don't say this, I'm just reflecting...)

amother

Post Mon, Nov 15 2004, 6:41 pm
Freilich I was not questioning you
I was questioning what you said - that one sentence, was it necessary?

FY wrote
Quote:
to give birth just b/c you can is not a good idea.

I was thinking of bringing that up but I was chicken
My heart goes out to those who are having trouble getting pregnant
Just because we can and someone else has it hard it not a basis.
we have children for the right reasons not to make up for Jane doe who can't get pregnant. I'm sorry for Jane doe, and if I could help her in any way I would, but that has not bearing on me and my physical and mental state.

Tefila

Post Mon, Nov 15 2004, 10:16 pm
Amother
Quote:
that one sentence, was it necessary?

There are two whole threads on b-c. What is wrong with me counteracting and letting someone know how I feel on the other side of the fence with one sentance!
and
Quote:
we have children for the right reasons not to make up for Jane doe who can't get pregnant. I'm sorry for Jane doe, and if I could help her in any way I would, but that has not bearing on me and my physical and mental state.

Sorry to disagree but I was taught every Jew is responsible for each other. We lost millions in the Holocaust and those of us who "can" are encouraged to rebuild our nation. This I am positive is a good enough reason
Besides do we always do mitzvahs for the right reason for the sake of the mitzvah alone.......???????

amother

Post Mon, Nov 15 2004, 10:25 pm
The holocaust is a seperate issue, yes we have to rebuild our nation but that we should be struggling and not watching out for our health because jane doe can't have kids?????

all I'm saying is why should it be a 'counteract'
why can't it be what it is for what it is.
You yourself say you aren't against taking it when it is needed so why would you feel you need to counteract it?

Last edited by amother on Mon, Nov 15 2004, 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

ForeverYoung

Post Mon, Nov 15 2004, 10:30 pm
Quote:
but I was taught every Jew is responsible for each other. We lost millions in the Holocaust and those of us who "can" are encouraged to rebuild our nation

true, but are we responcible fo H's desisions?
(just wondering....)

In any case, rebuilding with faulty bricks or via breaking other bricks is not constructive...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics