Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Milichig cups

yo'ma

Post Thu, May 08 2008, 9:34 pm
What kind of cups do you use for milichig?

I don't want glass because we use it too often and more likely to break. I don't use disposable because it ends up costing too much money. I've bought plastic, but I don't like the ones that start smelling after awhile and the other ones also keep on breaking on me. Soon I'm going to just let everyone drink from the bottle. Smile

For fleishig I use glass, but we only use it for dinner (and not every) and shabbos.

On a side note, what do you drink and give your children to drink by dinner/lunch? Soda is only for shabbos. When we have milichig, milk or seltzer/water, or sometimes chocolate milk. When we have fleishing, orange juice or seltzer/water. I don't like serving apple juice because it has no nutrients.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, May 08 2008, 9:46 pm
I use ceramic or plastic.

I never serve soda, and heavily dilute juices. I also serve water and milk. (my kids are both under 2, though. yours are probably older.)

Squash

Post Thu, May 08 2008, 10:03 pm
when your plastic cups start getting smelly, soak them with bleach and water solution and then wash them very well. the smell will disappear (I do this with baby's bottles)

mumoo

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 12:09 am
I have one metal (stainless steel?) cup. I use it for ice water, and I'd love to find more (I'd also love to have $ to but more if I ever did find them).

Metal would probably not hold onto the milk smell

RachelEve14

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 12:25 am
We use plastic cups. We have had the same ones for years and no smell.

My MIL recently bought the girls plastic place settings from Ikea. If you have one near you the cups are decent quality and not expensive.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 10:24 am
We use only glass for drinking in our house. Plastic is for the bathroom when we brush our teeth. Note that no one really drinks milk in our house. If we did, we'd most probably take a throw away plastic cup. As kids, my mom got us these great plastic decorated cups with cartoon characters that I loved, but I digress.

I like the way glass gets sparkling clean in the dishwasher, and I tend to buy the most heavy duty I can, becuase I DO tend to break them.

If you want to use plastic, you need to have separate for meat and dairy.

Crayon210

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 11:19 am
And in some communities, people have separate *glasses* as well.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 09 2008, 11:33 am
Oh, I think everyone has different glasses but us.

Listen, whoever comes over, I have platic cups for you, no problem .....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen