Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Babysitter vs live in nanny

nanama

Post Sun, May 18 2008, 1:51 pm
I am trying to see which one is more economical having a live in nanny or a babysitter that comes everyday full time + a cleaning lady once a week.
So for those that have any of these if you can respond, and let me know how much you pay per hour, monthly, how long they are at your home etc.
Thanks

amother

Post Sun, May 18 2008, 1:56 pm
It helps to know where you live as these things are very dependent on area.

I am now up to $15/hr for babysitting and cleaning, live out. Normal is anywhere from 10-15.

Where I am live in ranges from $400- over $500 a week for five or six days, usually around 10 hours a day, depending on language (someone who doesn't speak English well usually doesn't charge as much.)

It is definitely cheaper, but you do have to figure cost of food and the fact that you have someone underfoot all the time. That would make me crazy, which I why I opt for the live out help.

amother

Post Sun, May 18 2008, 1:57 pm
I have no idea what live-ins get paid. Right now my housekeeper gets $10/ hr and works 30 hr/ wk; my babysitter gets $12/ hr and works 15-20 hours/ wk.

nanama

Post Sun, May 18 2008, 2:58 pm
So Where do you all live? and about how much do you say you spend a month in child care and cleaning, where I live it is about $10 an hour for cleaning and $10 per hour for babysitter. I am looking for help so I don't know how much it would cost me a month since I am just started to do something like this keep the responses coming.

louche

Post Sun, May 18 2008, 6:11 pm
Think long and hard about whether or not you can tolerate having a stranger living in your house. You'll have no secrets (she'll know you're pg before you do). Unless you're going to be comfortable having an extra family member, it's worth paying the extra $ for a live-out.

SingALong

Post Mon, May 19 2008, 1:02 pm
live in's start at like $400 a week for 5 days to about 500 a week for 6 days with larger salaries for more experienced workers. I also pay transportation from wherre I live in nj to manhattan, so that's another 30 dollars a week
I currently have a live in since I have erratic hours not regular and steady so I need the flexibility.
she is a part of the family, so very little privacy. but she goes to sleep early, right after kids are in bed so its not like she's around when me and my DH are eating supper. also, she cleans and does laundry.

raizy

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 9:52 pm
by us u can get a flipino for 8 hrs a day for 4 days a week and it would only cost u 8 dollars and hr. and its is through the goverment so it would all be tax ductuble. for child care expenses.

chaylizi

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 9:56 pm
raizy wrote:
by us u can get a flipino for 8 hrs a day for 4 days a week and it would only cost u 8 dollars and hr. and its is through the goverment so it would all be tax ductuble. for child care expenses.

sweet! I'm coming to live near you! I couldn't stand a live in. I like my space too much.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics