Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Margarine aka plastic

Tefila

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 5:25 pm
I got this article can't be bothered printing it out. how basiclly margarine is an edible plastic even flys arn't drawn to it shock
Shortening is terriblefor your cholestrol since it definatley sticks like plaque.
Butter is fat but atleast it's natural and splenda is poisen and so is the stuff they put in coke.
Maybe we just shouldn't eat Confused

shayna82

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 5:27 pm
how is splenda poison.. its really not made of what they say it is?

technic

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 5:59 pm
freilich cute idea - but have u ever heard of malnutrition? Wink

Ahuva

Post Mon, Nov 14 2005, 6:58 pm
I remember hearing someone say on the radio that Marg. cant even grow mold cuz it has zero nutriton...

shanie5

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 3:01 pm
but it tastes good on bread, and adds great flavor to baking.
just use in moderation

RedVines

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 3:32 pm
What about "Smart Balence" We have been using that for pretty much everything, although you always have to check wheather it says OU-D or not...

RivkaS

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 4:17 pm
I hope that the margarin fans - dh is one of them Rolling Eyes - know that margarine intake increases cancer in women! So please don't use it even in cakes - use oil or good oldfashioned butter. Who said that you always have to eat cakes after fleishig?
Rivka

deedee

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 4:31 pm
there are margarine alternatives at the health food stores that taste even better then margarine. one brand is called 'earth balance'. its parve.
u are better off using real sugar then splenda. if u need a substitute then try stevia. its 100% natural!

stem

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 4:40 pm
Research has shown that people who eat a lot of splenda start having problems with their stomachs (or other part of digestive system, I don't remember). I know two people whom this happened to.

shayna82

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 4:49 pm
I should tell my mother inlaw . she practiclly swears by splenda

shira

Post Tue, Nov 15 2005, 5:11 pm
check this out www.thetruthaboutsplenda.com
Lets just say that I stopped using splenda PRETTY quickly.

Of course, the wesite is probably created by "sugar" so please consider the source when reading.

Also, in Israel they have a margrine made w/o hydrogenated vegetable oil called "Etz Hazayit" Based on my research, it seems to be really fine for you (though I cant say I love the taste......)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen