Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
MURPHY'S LAW
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Fri, May 23 2008, 1:19 pm
If you buy something with extra buttons, they won't fall off, but if it doesn't have, they will Rolling Eyes .

I know why, better quality usually has the extra buttons and they sew it on better, but it's still murphy's law.

Anybody have any other ones?

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, May 23 2008, 1:43 pm
If there's a 80% chance it will rain, and I bring my umbrella it won't. But if it calls for full sun and I leave the brolly at home, well...I need my sheitel reset.

sunshine!

Post Fri, May 23 2008, 3:38 pm
If I cook for a crowd, my company cancels but if I make a bare bones Shabbos, I get unexpected company.

cindy324

Post Fri, May 23 2008, 4:00 pm
The one time I don't buy pastrami for shabbos, that's the ONE time my dd will ask if we have any Confused but all other times it sits in the fridge until it goes bad.

flowerpower

Post Fri, May 23 2008, 6:01 pm
When I want to find an answer to this post, nothing will come to mind at the moment but when I close the pc and go upstairs I will remember a few things.

GAMZu

Post Fri, May 23 2008, 6:10 pm
lol flower!!

yo'ma

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 9:10 am
If I bring my car to the car wash, it rains the next day Confused .

If I decide to lay down when my baby is napping, he'll nap for 1/2 an hour, otherwise he naps for 1 hour Sad .

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 6:40 pm
If I make a big supper, no one is hungry. If I make a small supper (because no one is ever hungry Rolling Eyes ), everyone is hungry.

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 6:44 pm
If I have quarters in the car I'll find parking on a side street, if I'm out of quarters there'll be a perfect spot right up front with a meter.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 6:45 pm
Well, most of the times I give in my sheitel to be done- the day I have to pick it up it rains. And it usually continues raining for the rest of that week, so I only can pick it up a week later.

mimivan

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 7:01 pm
A variation on an actual Murphy's Law:

Shabbos preparations expand to fill the time alloted for them...

For those tzedekeses who start preparing very early in the week, it expands the mitzvah!
For people like me who too often leave things at the last minute, it often means being frantic whether Shabbos begins at 4 or at 7:30!

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 7:15 pm
The very first Sunday I have free to myself on the calendar for weeks and weeks, ILs will definitely plan a family get together right smack in the middle of the day to which I am obligated. (Happens every time).

mama-star

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 7:38 pm
if I have a burp cloth, my baby doesn't spit up. if I don't have one, BINGO! more laundry for me...

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 4:49 pm
One murphys law that drives me nuts is when I forget s/thing, like s/ones name, or the name of a food, or a/thing, it's on my tongue but I can't get it out, and all day I'll try and try but to no avail, and I'm thinking of s/one who will know the answer, and s/times it's a few days or can be weeks till I see the person, and the second after I ask the question, right before she answers me, suddenly it just slipped off my tongue.

some common murphys laws that didnt necessarily happen, but are common.
always look for an item in the least possible place first. (that did happen to me last week)
when a bread falls down on the floor it will always fall on the smeared side.

challi

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 4:56 pm
if I plan a day for myself, if I really need me time....inevitably one of my kids gets sick.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 6:47 pm
When I'm about to do something constructive (instead of being on here Wink Rolling Eyes ), the baby wakes up.

ESB

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 11:25 pm
I think mine is vise versa

I hated to do stuff when dh was around (right after marriage.) Whenever I wanted him Id start ironing and presto he came home.

If I wait by the soup it wont overboil if I dont ................

BennysMommy

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 11:40 pm
When we are waiting for a bus that's taking forever, my husband will light a cigarette and it'll come right away.

He says it's the law. Never failed him.

Aidelmom

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 2:31 am
mimivan wrote:
A variation on an actual Murphy's Law:

Shabbos preparations expand to fill the time alloted for them...

For those tzedekeses who start preparing very early in the week, it expands the mitzvah!
For people like me who too often leave things at the last minute, it often means being frantic whether Shabbos begins at 4 or at 7:30!

I can relate, mimivan. I actually have eard it called Parkinson's Law. THe rule is that the things you have to do expand to fill the time you have to do them in. (grammar?)

yo'ma

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 7:39 pm
I was looking at the triple stroller thread and it reminded me of this.
If I took the double stroller, the older one wants to walk, but if I didn't take it, the older one wants to sit Exploding anger Rolling Eyes . Past tense because I only have one in the stroller now.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics