Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Unprocessed Virgin Russian Hair only

luvsheitels

Post Fri, May 23 2008, 5:41 pm
Which brands (and what line) has only virgin unprocessed Russian hair only? There's a lot of confusion with sheitels when they say "European hair" because it can be color-processed or even cuticle-stripped in some way. Sure, it looks gorgeous at first, but then after washing, you can really tell it has been processed in some way. I want to know who uses only virgin European hair in their sheitel line that is completely natural in that it absolutely has nothing done to it other than having been washed and disinfected.

marina

Post Fri, May 23 2008, 6:40 pm
I have unprocessed russian hair. I'm not sure about the virgin part though. Anyway russian hair isn't all its cracked up to be.

cassandra

Post Fri, May 23 2008, 6:48 pm
marina wrote:
I have unprocessed russian hair. I'm not sure about the virgin part though. Anyway russian hair isn't all its cracked up to be.

Funny.

waterbottle

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 8:09 pm
Allegria?

Mommy3.5

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 9:19 pm
Russian hair is considered to be European hair. Very few places sell completely unprocessed hair. Places that do not stip the hair of the nap, Claire Accuhaire, and Chany's wigs. Both in Brooklyn. If you go custom, then you can specify that you do not want the hair to be dyed.

If you have an unusual color, It will be dyed, because the likelihood that there is someone out there with the exact odd shade of red or blond is beyond small (unless you have an identical twin...)

I come from a shaitel family, so I know my hair, and I will say that unless you are willing to pay a lot 3-4000 price range, you will not be getting what you want. None of the cheep companies sell virgin European hair. Most of the cheap companies, like Milano, are refined hair.

Even the two places I named above have a refined hair wig, for those who want to spend less, but they are both upfront and honest about it being a lower quality hair.

isasternhill

Post Tue, Jun 24 2008, 8:45 pm
I actually do this. Thats part of the foundation of my business. I only use unprocessed virgin hair. I collect hair both locally and around the world so I know exactly where its coming from. I also design wig caps and measure the head and hairline. The result is a very light wearing, durable wig that is almost undetectable.

I am also trying to promote learning about wigs so that the masses can learn how to take care of them on their own. Anyone who purchases a wig from me can be taught how to maintain it on themselves.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels