Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Mattresses
1  2  Next

gryp

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 1:43 pm
im looking to buy a few new beds, for guests and for my kids. not too hard and not too soft.

which brand mattresses do you buy/have? are you happy with them? are they good quality? how were they priced?

please answer ASAP Smile I have guests coming next week and our guest bed is old and uncomfortable Confused

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 4:33 pm
U want to buy new then I do like sealy postopedic but if I were you I would scrounge around at second hand stores garage sales and get something that looks and feels good and then steam clean it very well. It will take approx two days to dry so u have to start now. And for guest u could also use a cot though I don't love them I find them handy when I just have more guests then beds. We also have the hi risers what about them Confused

Milk Munch

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 4:59 pm
If you are a member, I would check out Sams or Cosco

Tovah

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 5:46 pm
we have serta, but seally or serta are one of the better ones.
if ur having guest and need to buy mendel a matress why not buy a high riser with matresses included here in mtl they are around 500. but a matress can start at 100 and go to 1000 depends on what u want to spend.

gryp

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 6:00 pm
you guys are mind readers. thats exactly what im looking for- a highriser, and maybe a folding cot. but im not sure which mattresses to get for the high riser.

Tovah

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 6:24 pm
I think it comes with the high risers, that's the whole point it's easy. but u can buy sep I think it costs more. why not go to the store and ask for help?

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 6:41 pm
BEWARE reg mattresses do not fit the hi riser it's a strrrange size not a reg twin. It usually comes w/h or atleast will tell u the exact size since it's smaller 4 sure Confused

gryp

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 6:59 pm
Quote:
I think it comes with the high risers, that's the whole point it's easy.

that would be great, because I got a very cheap price when I called the store and figured thats without the mattresses.

Quote:
BEWARE reg mattresses do not fit the hi riser

really? ive seen hi-risers with regular twin size mattresses Confused maybe it depends on the brand or something?

shoy18

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 8:20 pm
I just bought a hi-riser for guests it cost 350$ with the matteresses they are the best but are very comfortable

gryp

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 8:28 pm
shoy- do you mind telling me where you bought it? im doing comparison shopping and got a similar price. is yours good enough to be a full time bed as well?

shoy18

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 8:45 pm
taubas in BP Im not sure about everyday use they told me its more for guests but they had one for 450 thats suppose to be good. I didnt need it bec it rarely gets used

gryp

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 9:50 pm
thanx so much. I got a similar price at a place a drop closer, ill have to ask them if its for full time use.

tzivi

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 10:13 pm
Please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a high riser?
I thought it was a very tall building. Scratching Head

lucky

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 10:15 pm
Actually most high risers are custom sized and can only be gotten in heimishe stores. In big stores you can get trundle beds, or full size day beds.

The matresses from my high risers don't fit a standard twin bed frame.

youngmom

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 10:33 pm
we just got a highriser mattress too for 269

gryp

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 10:38 pm
Quote:
Please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a high riser?
I thought it was a very tall building.

sorry to laugh, tzivi, but I had a good laugh LOL

its a bed that fits another collapsed bed underneath.

tzivi

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 10:48 pm
RG, thanks for clarifying for me.

Is it the same as a trundle bed?

youngmom

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 11:21 pm
yes it is tzivi

lucky

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 9:16 am
tzivi wrote:

Is it the same as a trundle bed?

Not exactly, It usually has springs that push it up to the same height as the top bed. I think trundle beds stay low.

gryp

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 10:38 am
Quote:
Actually most high risers are custom sized and can only be gotten in heimishe stores. In big stores you can get trundle beds, or full size day beds.

lucky, I know someone who bought a hi-riser at a regular mattress store and it fits twin size mattresses Confused

im not sure I want to buy a highriser if the mattresses arent standard size. can you buy only the mattresses for it, ie. later on, once the mattresses are old but the frame is still good?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics