Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Russian thread
1  2  Next

yehudis

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 8:01 pm
So... What should we talk about? How about parenting? How did your Soviet upbringing affect your parenting style?

Oh, here's another question. Are there any specific challenges in Judaism that we all face due to our upbringing?

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 8:31 pm
And what we think of russians 8)
I think they r hard workers and sometimes stubborn people that r intent on potty training kids at 15mnths yep thats my babysitter for you, preety good cooks too Smile

queen

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 8:33 pm
Russians are hard working and smart.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 8:55 pm
sorry, I'm not Russian, but my husband is. (Btw, if you know who I am, please let me know!)
Anyhow, I think they're very intelligent (of course, there are always exceptions) and hard working.
From my in-laws, I see they worry a bit. But don't all grandparents?? They told us when my son was younger to be sure he gets some fresh air. So my husband told them we left our infant out (in the winter!) to sleep outside because of their suggestion and he got a cold! Of course he was just joking -- but it sure frightened them for ashort time!

roza

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 10:03 pm
Во первых я только пришла домой, а русский киборд у меня только дома.

Во вторых, тему надо переименовать в "Тусовка" (или приписать) Mr. Green

И о чем мы будем тут беседовать? а политике? о том- о сем?

roza

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 10:03 pm
queen wrote:
Russians are hard working and smart.

thanks for the compliment. 8)

tzivi

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 10:09 pm
roza wrote:
Во первых я только пришла домой, а русский киборд у меня только дома.

Во вторых, тему надо переименовать в "Тусовка" (или приписать) Mr. Green

И о чем мы будем тут беседовать? а политике? о том- о сем?

Roza, that's so cool... how do you get Russian on your comp?

hardwrknmom

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 10:10 pm
Russians are diffenetely smart- and extremely TOUGH!

And...they're not whimps when it comes to drinking Vodka Wink

roza

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 10:11 pm
yehudis wrote:
So... What should we talk about? How about parenting? How did your Soviet upbringing affect your parenting style?

Oh, here's another question. Are there any specific challenges in Judaism that we all face due to our upbringing?

У меня на самом деле не было стиля и он сформировался здесь.

а трудности есть с признанием авторитета (людей) - мне нужно самой понять что так надо.

tzivi

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 10:14 pm
Quote:
And...they're not whimps when it comes to drinking Vodka Wink

You can sure say that again!

roza

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 10:23 pm
Quote:
how do you get Russian on your comp?

Control panel>LANGUAGES> ADD LANGUAGE>DETAILS>ADD>CHOOSE ANOTHER INPUT LANGUAGE

an the bar below a little icon will appear with EN and when u click on it becomes RU (your keyboard becomes russian)

or press Shift+ALT and the keyboard will 'switch'

yehudis

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 11:09 pm
freilich wrote:

Hey, freilich, should we talk about what we think of the British? Or canadians? Exploding anger LOL

yehudis

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 11:11 pm
Brachad, no, I don't know you. Just curious -- what's it like for an American to be married to a Russian Jew? Was it a cultural shock, especially with your in-laws?

yehudis

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 11:22 pm
roza wrote:

У меня на самом деле не было стиля и он сформировался здесь.

Ну, у меня тоже не было. Я эдесь с 15 лет. (а ты?) Но ведь все равно отталкиваешься от того, как тебя воспитывали.

Quote:

а трудности есть с признанием авторитета (людей) - мне нужно самой понять что так надо.

Мне тоже.[/quote]

hadasa

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 4:00 am
Roza and Yehudis, sorry for butting in. (I can read Russian, but it would take me hours to try to type in it.) Can you explain why that is? My impression was always that the Russian mentality is to go along with athority, whether you agree or not, while you seem to be saying the opposite? I'm not just asking out of curiosity, it just dawned on me that discussing these things with Frum Russian speakers can help me a lot with my Shlichus.

hadasa

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 4:08 am
freilich wrote:
I think they r hard workers and sometimes stubborn people that r intent on potty training kids at 15mnths yep thats my babysitter for you, preety good cooks too Smile

talk about generalizations! Rolling Eyes

Pearl

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 4:59 am
I am sorry, and this will probably rub some women the wrong way, but I don't think it's nice to write in a different language here on the forum.
why don't you pm in russian, but out of respect to non russian speaking women keep the forum in english?

roza

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 7:35 am
hadasa wrote:
Roza and Yehudis, sorry for butting in. (I can read Russian, but it would take me hours to try to type in it.) Can you explain why that is? My impression was always that the Russian mentality is to go along with athority, whether you agree or not, while you seem to be saying the opposite?

yes, but many 'russian' ppl are wary of athority or don't trust ppl as much. in former soviet union it was out of fear and only on the outside level that ppl were following the rules and those who reinforce those rules.

I think it's so in the begining, once they trust and believe, then you know how sometimes very devoted and active they can get. (to the point of making a revolution).

it's in general of cause.

roza

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 7:38 am
Pearl wrote:
I am sorry, and this will probably rub some women the wrong way, but I don't think it's nice to write in a different language here on the forum.
why don't you pm in russian, but out of respect to non russian speaking women keep the forum in english?

you are probably right, I thought so too, but at least this thread can be moved to controversial forum.

Tefila

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 8:31 am
Hadassa ofcourse it's a generelization thats why I didn't say smart Twisted Evil but of the other stuff I wrote I must know a good half of Russians who r all the same so that says something especially w/h other posters agreeing right LOL
And no ofcourse you can't talk about Canadians or British, Yehudis didn't u know it's a one way street Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics