Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Do you run away from the computer when dh gets home?
1  2  Next

Do you run away from the computer when your dh comes home?
Guilty as charged, I generally or often do  
 33%  [ 25 ]
I have done that on occassion  
 33%  [ 25 ]
No  
 28%  [ 21 ]
n/a  
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 75

red sea

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 8:02 pm
Idea totally stolen off the confessions thread but I thought a poll would be interesting since there are quite a few "confessions" to this.

Secondly please post what you run to do instead Surprised

amother

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 8:07 pm
I find it interesting that peopel are on the computer at all hours when theyre husbands are home.

Clarissa

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 8:08 pm
amother wrote:
I find it interesting that peopel are on the computer at all hours when theyre husbands are home.
Why? He goes on the computer, too. It's like reading a newspaper. Just a time to read and think a bit, and maybe find something fun to do online.

Maya

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 8:11 pm
I do it, but that's because we have an agreement that we don't sit on the computer when we're both home, unless it's together. My husband knows that I'm on Imamother when he's not home, and knows that when he gets in, I shut it.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 8:12 pm
Dh comes home late so I am usually around that time. I don't want him to think that I am forever on so I sometimes pretend that I'm doing something else. The computer is stationed in the perfect spot for that.

Clarissa

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 8:13 pm
I once promised to stay off the computer, and when I heard him at the door, I quickly shut down and shoved it out of sight. He walked in to say a hello and heard the little AOL man announce goodbye from under the bed.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 8:15 pm
That's a good one. I have learnt to close the sound of the computer when I hear dh clicking the romote of his car and opening the front door.

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 9:02 pm
Clarissa wrote:
I once promised to stay off the computer, and when I heard him at the door, I quickly shut down and shoved it out of sight. He walked in to say a hello and heard the little AOL man announce goodbye from under the bed.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter thats so my type of thing to do!

Mom2Three

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 9:04 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Rolling Laughter

anon

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 9:05 pm
Clarissa wrote:

I am laughing hysterically out loud!! Thanks for the laugh LOL LOL

Btw, what was his reaction?

Clarissa

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 9:05 pm
He laughed.

Shalshelet

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 9:06 pm
Clarissa, that's golden! Sorry, about your mishap though.

Dini

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 9:15 pm
lol thats cute clarissa. Not always but there are times that when dh comes into the room and I should be doing something constructive at that time I would make believe I am doing something constructive on the computer rather than imamother because he thinks its a waste of time.

louche

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 11:03 pm
I read the title as "if you run away from home who gets the computer?"

I'm getting my eyes checked in a couple of weeks.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 11:04 pm
I'm frequently at the computer when dh comes home. However, I have a laptop in the bedroom, which is where I'm most comfortable nursing. So usually when dh walks in I am sitting in my bed holding the baby and "playing" on the computer. He doesn't mind at all. Of course, what I should be doing right now is writing thank you notes for baby presents. Somehow that's not as appealing as hanging out on imamother. Rolling Eyes

wif

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 3:01 am
newima wrote:
I'm frequently at the computer when dh comes home. However, I have a laptop in the bedroom, which is where I'm most comfortable nursing. So usually when dh walks in I am sitting in my bed holding the baby and "playing" on the computer. He doesn't mind at all. Of course, what I should be doing right now is writing thank you notes for baby presents. Somehow that's not as appealing as hanging out on Imamother. Rolling Eyes

When my sister got her baby gifts, she recited to everyone, "Thank you so much for this most generous gift. The baby is having such a good time with it. Best wishes, X." I wish that I would have thought of that.

'Bout jumping off of the computer--not that he would care, but it's a long time habbit, probably started from shoving the book and flashlight under my covers faster than the speed of light as a kid at the sounds of heels clicking in the hallway.

Does that mean I have a spouse/parent complex?

freidasima

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 3:28 am
Actually it sounds worse than it is.

I don't "run away from the computer" when dh comes home, but when he comes through the door (the computer is on the terrace which is a continuation of the living room with a glass door (old fashioned EY style apartments) separating the living room from this closed continuation, he goes straight into the living room and I see him immediately.

Out of respect for him I always get up and greet him and leave the computer, or anything else I am doing at the time.

But then after hearing about his day and eating supper, I go back to the computer while he learns...

im my kids ima

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 5:56 am
I dont think its nice to have my head in the computer when my dh walks in, I always say hi and make a convisation with him b4 I go back to the computer. that way he gets some atention and we r all happy but if I where to walk in to the room when hes on. now thats a different story. he gets angry when I try to talk to him and hes on.

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 6:51 am
no I try tomake sure that I'm logged off BEFORE he comes home.

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Jun 05 2008, 7:02 am
Clarissa wrote:

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

I did this once... I was annoyed at dh one night so I went onto imamother, while he went to bed. I though he was sleeping so I forgot to switch the sound off, well he must have heard teh imamother trupet cus he came in a few minutes later whilst I was in the middle of a pm, and I switch off immediately.. he was like oh what were yo udoing?? I was like oh nothing jsut looking at pictures, and I had those up as well.

now I make sure to keep teh sound shut in teh morning or when he's around...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics