Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Binah White sauce Two-tone Cheesecake, Mistake.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 10:21 am
Mine flopped I now heard that there's a mistake with the recipe. Someone told me it's in the Hamodia, still didn't get to read it and that people got text messages about it.
Well, mine flopped. It just didn't bake, it was raw. I baked it again and again and finally the cheese got somewhat baked but the crust and top have caved in and are overbaked. It looks pathetic.
This was a real expensive mistake. This cake probably cost around $25-$30 plus the time and the cleaning afterwards. Multiply that by probably thousands of people who've tried it.
So if you were planning on making this cake you can now save yoursel the time, money and aggravation.

Rivky

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 10:22 am
Thanks for the update!

wanderer

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 10:56 am
Is this the dream cake from hamodia? The one w/ the pudding mixes?

Blossom

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 11:13 am
I don't think it's that one smile.
They had a supplement with recipes for Shavous last week and I think it's the first cake from that supplement. The pudding one was a week before IIRC.

wanderer

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 11:20 am
Hamodia has a milchig dream cake w/ pudding mixes this week...Thats the one I'm referring to. I was hoping to make it today, did someone try it already?

downsyndrome

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 1:57 am
I really don't want to badmouth them, but I have yet to try a recipe from Binah that is really successful and delicious Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus