Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
DETROIT

heffer569

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 6:13 pm
hi my Dh is going there on business right after shavous. I hear its a really small town. Do they have kosher food. Do I need to send food with Dh. Also do they have Shuls. Do the shuls have minyanim during the week. My Dh will be in a city called Novi, how far is that from detroit. Are there any kosher things in Novi. An info would be greatly appreciated.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 06 2008, 6:50 pm
[quote="heffer569"]I hear its a really small town. [quote]

nope sorry. you must be confusing detroit with the kansas post. this is not the end of the world over here. there are plenty amenities over here.

spinkles

Post Sat, Jun 07 2008, 11:22 pm
Don't worry, it is a really nice community and he should have no trouble finding everything he needs.

Here's more info.

amother

Post Sat, Jun 07 2008, 11:42 pm
Detroit is not that bad. Novi isn't very Jewish (though it does have a shaliach). It is under 1/2 hour drive to Oak Park and Southfield, where there are many shuls and kosher places. There is also a (chabad) shul in West Bloomfield, which is closer to Novi and lots of shopping where you can get kosher products.

happysmile

Post Sat, Jun 07 2008, 11:58 pm
Novi is close by to the Jewish area (oak park/southfield) but dont know exact distance.

there is a kosher store with a deli and bakery called One stop kosher you can find everything there.

right across from there is a cafe called cafe one- pizza shop kind of thing

then right across the street is a great bakery callled Zemans where you can find breads pastries and more.

The above is all in the oak park/southfield area.

there is another ksoher dairy restarant in west bloonfield located in the JCC called "milk and honey" supposed to be really good.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 12:04 am
Milk and Honey just closed down sorry.
I was also looking at that Young Israel list someone posted and Subsation isn't there anymore. Instead there's Sara's Deli in the same location.
They are a couple pizza shops, a kosher supermarket, a couple bakeries, dunkin donuts, sara's deli, rami's, unique...and odds n ends. He'll be juuust fine.
All these places though will be about 20-25 mins away.

heffer569

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 12:08 am
Thanks everyone for all the info. My dh is gonna rent a car so thats ok that its 30 minutes away from the frum community. all the info has helped so thanks everyone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics