Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Ice cream- round container vs. boxed

peach

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 6:53 pm
The cholov yisroel ice cream companies (e.g., Kleins, Mehadrin) sell milchig ice cream in tubs/containers as well as boxes. What is the difference between the tubs of ice cream and the boxes? They are the same brand, size (half gallon) and flavor. Are they the same product but some people prefer one type of packaging over the other? Or are they different formulas? And which do you prefer and why?

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 7:15 pm
The box takes longer to defrost, is messier when using, but if you want to serve nice regtangle thin slices they go with that.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 7:19 pm
hm buckets don't drip out the edges ... are you sure they are the same size ...

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 7:22 pm
Dunno much about the flavors and stuff, but round containers are definitely less messy than paper boxes. OTOH rectangular boxes fit better into the freezer space wise. Then again, how long does a box/conotainer of ice cream last in your house?! Very Happy

Shalshelet

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 7:48 pm
For some reason, I associate the round containers with more recent design trends. The rectangular ones remind me of the ice cream we used to buy when I was a kid. Hmmm....makes me reminisce of the ice cream shoppes like Carvel, etc. (before I became cholov yisroel).

BlumaG

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 7:00 am
it is the same size - for some reason hte box is cheaper - I think the bucket stays fresher cuz it seals better not much of a risk of freezer burn

Love My Babes

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 7:24 am
the boxes open totally and can be cut into nice slices to serve for a nice dessert vs. the round ones are sealable and easier to scoop.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics