Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kosher Cleaning Supplies

Do you use kosher cleaning supplies?
yes  
 29%  [ 7 ]
no  
 70%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 24

momtomany

Post Fri, Nov 25 2005, 10:40 am
Do you use only kosher cleaning sprays? is it really necessary to use only a kosher spray for cleaning the table? Whats the deal with this?

nicole81

Post Fri, Nov 25 2005, 10:50 am
I don't specifically look for kosher cleaning products, but all of my regular cleansers happen to have an ou on them.

red sea

Post Fri, Nov 25 2005, 2:45 pm
Usually everything I buy says kosher, but once we used brillo that didn't say kosher, we asked our Rabbi and he said cleaners do not need hechsherim at all, its just business/politics/etc. You should ask your Rabbi.

tzivi

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 6:00 am
I was told by my Rov that detergents don't need to be kosher, as they are not edible.

Rivka

Post Sun, Nov 27 2005, 8:12 am
There is no need for it to be kosher, but some people are machmir and do like to have, so the beis din do look into them and if you really want, you can look up which ones are kosher.
But with washing liquid for dishes I am careful, for example I bought one that had milk in it, so I didn't use it. Simply because I have only one sink and need to use the soap for all my dishes.
What made me check the ing? Well it was an all natural one where you can understand all the ingredients and it didn't have any chemicals.

lucky

Post Sun, Nov 27 2005, 11:12 am
nicole81 wrote:
I don't specifically look for kosher cleaning products, but all of my regular cleansers happen to have an ou on them.

Ditto!
The only things I only buy kosher is dishsoap. And pesach you need to be careful about chometz.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen