Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
New engagement ring
1  2  Next

shayna82

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 9:14 pm
so im married 3 years, and my engagment ring has 4 small diamonds on the side of the diamond. one had fallen out and got lost and we recently got it replaced at the same store it was purchased at. well today I noticed one missing again Exploding anger the diamonds are kind of suspended in air with not much holding on to them.. so the store said that either I can get a brand new one of the same ring, or I can choose a totaly new setting in that price range..

so, what do you think?

should I get the same one sinc its the one I got when we got married, hence its more special, or should I get a differnet one which in the long run will make me happier?

Tefila

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 9:16 pm
Quote:
or should I get a differnet one which in the long run will make me happier?

Yep, since u r gonna run into that prob again if u opt for the original I think Confused

tzivi

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 9:20 pm
Maybe just get it repaired and put it aside. Alot of people just keep their engagement rings with out wearing them, especially when they are busy with kids all the time.

shayna82

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 9:21 pm
thats not an option, I want to wear it all the time, whats the point of putting away a really expensive diamond

happymom

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 9:23 pm
it sounds to me like you want a new one, so I think you should do that. the ring is gonna be a new one anyway so it doesnt matter if its the same style or not.

Tefila

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 9:23 pm
Quote:
whats the point of putting away a really expensive diamond

Whats the point of wearing it the whole time. dishes and all Confused

tzivi

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 9:24 pm
shayna82 wrote:
thats not an option, I want to wear it all the time, whats the point of putting away a really expensive diamond

because it is special & sentimental

shayna82

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 9:26 pm
lol, more the reason to wear it close to you at all times...

I understand your thinking, its just that I wear it all the time and im proud of it and the meaning behind it, not thta your not.. and I want to like the way it looks, right now I hate looking down and seeing a missing diamond....

as they say, a diamond is a girls best friend

happymom

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 9:28 pm
if you like it the way it is then get a new one but the same ring again.

shayna82

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 9:38 pm
yeah but the likelihood of this same thing happenig again is very high, since its a bad design..

tzivi

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 9:38 pm
Quote:
Whats the point of wearing it the whole time. dishes and all Confused

That was my point exactly.

shayna82

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 9:41 pm
I kind of want a new one an kind of dont... if you had the option to get something differnt/nicer would you?

tzivi

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 9:43 pm
No I wouldn't, because the sentiment to me would be in the original one.
That's why I would get it repaired and put it somewhere safe. Just my opinion though.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 10:30 pm
I have a similar problem. My ring has begets (little diamonds) on the band. I'm married 2 1/2 years and so far 1 has cracked and 1 was missing. I think it must be a poor quality setting. If it happens again, I will probably just switch bands. If it's the setting that is no good, I suggest trying a new one. It's still the same diamond, and the real diamond is the person who gave it to you!!

shayna82

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 10:34 pm
yeah im kind of agreeing with you.. although my husband just said, yu can only worry too much and something is alwys gona come up.. but I just dont like the idea of mssing diamondsn o matter how small they are.. so maybe ill just look at the other ones and then make my decisin.. my ring is really a beatiuful one.. the diamond in the middle is set high and then 4 small diamonds on the side, white gold... I just odnt know

Tovah

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 10:38 pm
go and see what the the other options are and then decide.
ask husband what he thinks?

BlumaG

Post Sat, Nov 26 2005, 10:48 pm
I really like my setting its pretty plain but if I had ur trouble and its not my favorite setting htan I wud c wat kind of setting I cud get that I like more for the same price
enjoy watever u do Smile

technic

Post Sun, Nov 27 2005, 8:44 am
I wish I could claim this as my own suggestion but I know someone who already did it....have it made into a necklace, then u can wear it the whole time WITHOUT the risk of damaging it...

happymom

Post Sun, Nov 27 2005, 9:16 am
I just got a new setting and I love it. I didnt like my old one. this is rellay up to you. would u like to have it and never wear it?? or have one that you like more that doesnt break! ?

happyone

Post Sun, Nov 27 2005, 9:35 am
I would do as Brachad says, let your dh give you the new setting. The diamonds are the same and the "diamond" is the same.

If you're doing it already, get something really nice!!
Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics