Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Easy Ice coffee recipe please...
1  2  Next

Cow

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 9:54 am
I want to make ice coffee at home. anyone have any easy recipes (made w/ ingredients that are easily found in israel please)?

Thanks!

Tehilla

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 10:08 am
I'll tell you how my favorite restaurant does it:

they make plain brewed coffee and chill it in the fridge.

then when time to make the actual iced coffee:

in a separate cup put a little hot water and the amount of sugar you want. this way it will dissolve instead of being grainy and not sweetening. then put it ice, pour the chilled coffee over it, and add as much milk as you want.

THIS IS A CUP BY CUP BASIS. if you want to make an entire container just do the same thing but increase the amount of sugar for the whole container.

Cow

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 10:11 am
thanks, I'll let you know how it goes Smile

greenfire

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 10:18 am
first of all MOO !!! Nervous

after you make the coffee - preferably brewed - you add the same things you add to your hot coffee - then pour it over ice ...

if you want some pizazz you can add some chocolate syrup - some cinnamon - a little vanilla ... and/or a dollop of whip cream ...

now chug ... chug ... chug ... Drunken Smile

sky

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 11:17 am
Same as what Tehilla said.
Sometimes I'll put it in the blender with ice Blend it until frothy and then put in the freezer in a container and shake every so often so it stays slushy.

Love My Babes

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 11:44 am
everyone has good ideas but ill give u a recipe that I made yesterday and it was really good!

1/2 cup coffee to one cup hot water
1/2 cup sugar
1 vanilla sugar
optional but really good, add some chocoalte liquor or chocolate syrup.

mix all ing. in a container with a cover and add to a bottle of milk.

knishes

Post Tue, Jul 08 2008, 10:07 pm
Your all m issing ithe vital ingredient!!!
ICE CREAM ON TOP!?
dusted with cocoa...?! or coffee? Now...thats what I'm talkin about!

Toot

Post Tue, Jul 08 2008, 10:11 pm
All so fancy! I just brew coffee, add milk, pour over ice, and add equal (which dissolves in cold water; you could alternatively add sugar to the coffee while it's still hot.)

Tip I learned from my mother: put a spoon (or anything metal) in the glass with the ice before pouring in the hot coffee. It conducts the heat and prevents the glass from cracking.

pinkbubbles

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 3:58 am
if you want the crunchy slushy kind of ice coffee, it is just a matter of adding crushed ice. You can try using less water if you add crushed ice.

To make it, smash ice cubes in a bag or stick them in the blender if you've got a good one. Actually just stick all the ingredients in the blender.

Pizza

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 8:25 am
I do a relatively strong coffee, with some sugar and hot cocoa-mix powder
Then I stick it in a blender with ice cubes
That way as the ice cubes melt and dilute the coffee, its still strong
Nothing I hate more than watery, tasteless coffee
The hot cocoa-mix adds a bit of coffee-shoppe special flavoring. You could also do powered cinnamon, or vanilla or rum extract, or whipped cream on top if youre feeling really fancy

morahg

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 10:59 am
Best Iced Coffe I've Ever Had

1/2 cup instant coffee
1/4 cup boiling water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 packet vanilla sugar (or 1 tsp. vanilla extract)
1 packet chocolate instant pudding mix
2 quarts milk

Mix all ingredients well (blender helps pudding dissolve faster, but is optional). For best results, allow to sit in refrigerator overnight. Shake/Mix and skim off any pudding that floats to the top before serving. This recipe can easily be halved, doubled, etc.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 11:09 am
I have a question morah Cheers doesn't the pudding thicken or do you simply drink it before Confused

morahg

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 11:13 am
greenfire wrote:
I have a question morah Cheers doesn't the pudding thicken or do you simply drink it before Confused

The pudding just adds a better "mouthfeel" so to speak, along with great flavor. You are using so much liquid, that the pudding powder dissolves into all the liquid. Some thicker clumps may be left, but you can skim them off. This really is the best iced coffee I've ever tasted. I use decaf and serve it at Seuda Shlishis. BTW, you can use French Vanilla coffee with vanilla pudding, or Hazelnut coffee with chocolate pudding. You can also add scoops of ice cream on top, but I find this coffee is more than rich enough without it.

bashinda

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 10:10 pm
mine is simple and doesn't require brewing which is good as I don't have a coffee maker.

put the coffee in a 16 oz glass. (or any glass I just use a 16 oz one)
add just enough hot water to dissolve the coffee. oh and add the sweetner before you add the water but lately I'm skipping the sweetener.
Add water. I add enough so I have enough room to add around 1/2 c. to 3/4 c. of milk depending on how I'm feeling.

that's it. I'm finding that I'm not needing the sweetener.

A friend told me that this is the perfect use for liquid sugar btw. I had tons left from Pesach (still do) and she helped me use it by adding it to the iced coffee.

So next Pesach if you're one of those who uses liquid sugar but also uses coffee keep that in mind! LOL

BrownEyedGirl

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 10:16 pm
If you don't like the way the ice cubes make the iced coffee watery, I found a great solution in a magazine at my mom's house!

Just fill an ice cube tray with iced coffee (without milk) and freeze!!

Voila! No more watery iced coffee!!

yersp

Post Wed, Jul 09 2008, 11:26 pm
I promise you Iced coffe can't get any easier than this!!

Fill up a 7oz cup with 1/4 of the cup with coffee (if you dont like it that strong, then put in a bit less but not too little!! I like to use a 7oz. cup that has lines and I put in coffee till the second to last line on the bottom) fill the rest of the cup till the top with hot water and mix to dissolve. Add the following ingredients:
1 pint of vanilla ice cream and vanilla ice cream ONLY, it wont taste good if the vanilla is mixed with fudge or chocolate.
Sugar to taste (not sure, about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup depending on how sweet you want it)
The main ingredient: MILK

Mix well and enjoy!!
The best way to see if it's good is of course to taste it. Add in about 1/2 cup of sugar, mix well and taste. If you feel it's not sweet enough, add another 1/4.

Newlywed, thats an excellent idea and I've done it plenty times before and the iced coffee stayed delicious till the end!

bashinda

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 9:38 am
I don't get this. You have a 7 oz. cup which you've filled to the top with the coffee and hot water.

How do you then fit into the cup : an entire pint of vanilla ice cream, 1/2 c. - 3/4 c. sugar, and a presumably large quantity of milk?

Do you mean that you put the contents of the cup into a larger container? Also how much milk do you put in and how many servings does this make?

I like my recipe better as I can make it by the cup and the only carbs are in the milk but if I want to splurge, have enough people over who would drink the coffee I'd try this. I don't know why you would need sugar when you already have ice cream though.

yersp

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 8:51 pm
ok, I'll answer your question one at a time!!

Yes, the iced coffee is made in a pitcher (forgot to put that down!!) I was actually laughing when I read about putting everything into the cup.
I usually make it in a nice big pitcher and use about almost a full bottle of the 1/2 gallon bottle of milk
I tried it once without sugar and it was very plain. You could tell it was missing something and when I added the sugar it tasted wonderful!!
Hope that cleared up any confusion.

bashinda

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 11:36 pm
Thank you Rosychecks for your patience.

It was amusing trying to imagine fitting all that stuff in a 7 oz. cup. I think one of my guys would have a great time doing it. In fact he had a great time emptying out my cannister of decaf. coffee. It's a good thing for him that I love him unconditionally otherwise Banging head

Anyway wow that just seems so sweet to me but then again I'm lately drinking iced coffee without any sweetener so maybe I wouldn't need the sugar!

Anyway I'll have to make a milchig birthday farbrengen and serve this!

benny

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 11:54 pm
I have a good one.
5 oz. coffee
9 oz. sugar
1 package chocolate pudding
1 large milk (not sure how many bags for israel.

It sgreat!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals