Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
SHOES GLORIOUS SHOES - FREE AND NEW ...what to do?
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 3:07 pm
My DH's friend runs a shoe store upstate...all of this years past seasons shoes that can not be sold in the 'main' show store in the city due to the high demand placed on current fashions

Anyways....he had bags and bags and bags and bags of OLD shoes NEVER EVER WORN, gold quality shoes that he said he's been trying to to seel for 3 summers already, no takers sooooo he he thinks that he finally might trash them. So in an attempt to save these good quality shoes, never worn but a abit old fashioned shoes from the dumpster I have taken them under my wing.....

NOW WHAT>>>???

my MIL called some places upstate they don not want them.
I have literally 100's of pairs mostly girls and some boys,
Mostly shabbat/yom tov type
mostly bigger sizes
I havent sorted through them - it would take half a day

I live in Lakewood ANY SUGGESTIONS?>??

Sorry for the long post: but these shoes are literally taking over both my house in L'wood and my MIL's house upstate, my DH's trunk...
And I just saw my DH's friend this shabbos and he wants to offload more
I think ive bitten off more than I can chew

PLEASE HELP SAVE SHOES!

happyone

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 3:09 pm
Why don't you make a one day sale and sell them at a very low price?

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 3:14 pm
can you find a shoe gemach that will take them?

I'll take any boys shoes in size 8 and up, and girls in size 5 and up Smile

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 3:15 pm
put them on ebay....
why don't u put some of them up on here too, I am sure there are shoes that are classic, and can be worn whenever!
Take pics of them in a group, and maybe sell as a group? like 2 pairs for girls, for boys... that would be great for ppl with large families.

Last edited by Beauty and the Beast on Tue, Jul 08 2008, 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

greentiger

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 3:15 pm
Contact an organization that sends clothing to e"y? Or one in your area?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 3:26 pm
Thanks for all the advice ladies,

I dont want to sell them,

just want them to go to a good home, as I said my DH's friend has tried to sell them for 2 summers already at $5 a pair and he's still left with them all.

If I give them to an org that will send to Israel I think they will charge me??
I would contact Gemachim in Lakewood by ive been told that gemachim etc do not want outdated stuff????

Mummiedearest, what are those sizes in european I will check and see what ive got. The shoes are mostly euro so the sizing is in the euro I think

greentiger

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 3:29 pm
I don't think they will charge you. I know there are orgs that do it.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 3:30 pm
How about contacting a tomchei shabbos type of organization and have them send out shoes with thier packages?

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 3:31 pm
hey, I'd also take any boys shoes ya got. my 21 month old son will iyh need shoes for many years to come! if you would take pics of some of them I'm sure many amothers would take bunches off your hands!

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 3:32 pm
amother, I was joking about the shoes. I never buy european, I have no idea. and I have no way of picking them up from you. though I may have some relatives in lakewood in a couple of months.

if you seriously wanted to get them to brooklyn, I could ask some friends if they want shoes. I may be able to take some off your hands, but probably not a large percentage. if you are serious about transporting them, pm me.

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 3:42 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
amother, I was joking about the shoes.

well I was NOT joking! as soon as ds wakes up I will check his shoe size...can u pm me so we dont have to work this out in public?

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 3:46 pm
Twizzlers wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:
amother, I was joking about the shoes.

well I was NOT joking! as soon as ds wakes up I will check his shoe size...can u pm me so we dont have to work this out in public?

I was joking cause I figured she wouldn't want to schlep them to brooklyn. but if you arrange anything, twizzlers, I want in!

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 3:48 pm
I have a sis and 2 sils in lakewood that could get it for me and bring it to brooklyn the next time they come. I'd be glad to ask them (and I'm sure they wouldnt mind) to bring for you as well

OP my son is a size 24. can u see if you have anything in that size or larger and pm me please?

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 3:51 pm
I would also take shoes! I have a son who is size 5 and a half, european size.
I think that makes him a 22? 24? not sure!

Barbara

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 3:57 pm
Does it need to be a Jewish organization? I wonder if an emergency shelter or other organization that provides services to homeless families would like them. There's also an organization called soles4souls (www.soles4souls.org) which apparently provides shoes to people, but I know nothing about them.

momto1

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 4:00 pm
There is an organization called mesamchei lev and they deal with shoes only. they give out shoes to ppl in Israel.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 4:11 pm
op, I'd be happy to take a bunch of shoes, size 25 and up, boys and girls.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 4:33 pm
There are so so many shoes,

twizzlers, mummiedearest, BATB - if you gals hav someone if L'wood who could pick them from me or I could drop them off by them and they will give to you them I would be very happy for u guys to hav em. But how can I start sifting through finding sizes, deciding what are your taste and whats not.....dividing them up....taking pics posting online....

oh gosh, what did I do????

I think ill try and haul them all back from MIL house in country and then maybe hold an open house???? you can send reps to choose for you????

amother

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 4:35 pm
BTW sarah613 thanks for the info, I'll look into them

amother

Post Mon, Jul 07 2008, 4:41 pm
Just researched Mesamche Lev,

They buy new shoes wholesale and then dist in Israel, they buy "stylish new shoes".....
CAN NOT FIND A CONTACT NUMBER ANYWHERE, only address to donate money.

maybe you ladies are better detectives?

http://mesamchelev.com/donate_shoes.asp
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics