Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr. Wahba?

STovah

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 8:41 am
Anyone here use Dr. Wahba as a pediatrician? We currently use Dr. Eilenberg, but he is increasingly in his Lakewood office these days, leading me to believe that at some point in the future, the Brooklyn office will be no longer. We would only switch once the office officially closes, so I'm using this time to research our other options in Flatbush.

dillie

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 10:53 am
My SIL is very happy there.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 02 2014, 8:24 am
Bump. I am considering switching to him. Please share current experiences. Also, please describe his personality. I like doctors who are self confident and assertive, not wishy washy. Also, how's the wait time?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 02 2014, 9:11 am
amother wrote:
Also, how's the wait time?

I don't use him but heard from someone who does that there isno wait time

amother

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 4:15 pm
Bump

momto2

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 4:56 pm
Two of my sister's use him with many children and they are very happy. He's a good diagnostician and he doesn't have long wait times.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 6:14 pm
What's the story with the short wait time? Is it because he is very efficient or has very few patients? Does he have any other doctors or PAs in the office?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 6:16 pm
amother wrote:
What's the story with the short wait time? Is it because he is very efficient or has very few patients? Does he have any other doctors or PAs in the office?

Maybe no double booking plus plenty of time for each appointment equals no wait time Very Happy

STovah

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 6:39 pm
amother wrote:

I also wondered about that since I know so many other people who use him but I've never waited more than 5 minutes. I think they just run the office very efficiently.

STovah

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 6:40 pm
he's the only dr in the office - no partners or PAs.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 6:51 pm
Thanks. Can someone please describe his personality?

MyTimeNow

Post Mon, Feb 03 2014, 9:05 pm
I've been using him for 16 years. He's calm, friendly, talks directly to the child and not like the kid isn't in the room. He's patient, gives a lot of info, explains things, and doesn't make you feel rushed.

His wife, who runs the office, is a doll and the rest of the staff is friendly. And they don't overbook. That's why I've used him for so many years.

amother

Post Tue, May 06 2014, 5:33 pm
For those of you who use him, how do your girls feel about it when they are a little older? Are they ok with it, or do you wish you used a lady? Also, does he accept health plus amerigroup? Can anyone post his phone number please?

STovah

Post Tue, May 06 2014, 6:24 pm
amother wrote:
For those of you who use him, how do your girls feel about it when they are a little older? Are they ok with it, or do you wish you used a lady? Also, does he accept health plus amerigroup? Can anyone post his phone number please?

I don't know how my daughter will feel about it when she is older, but I had a male pediatrician when I was a kid and it was fine. If my daughter wants to switch when she is older, we will deal with it then. They do not take any medicaid plans and stopped taking new child health plus patients. If you need the phone number, just google it.

octopus

Post Tue, May 06 2014, 7:14 pm
does he spend time with you or is it just a factory? does he take time to answer questions? or is he waving you off for the next patient?

STovah

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 5:57 am
octopus wrote:
does he spend time with you or is it just a factory? does he take time to answer questions? or is he waving you off for the next patient?

I've never felt rushed there. He takes the necessary time and answers any questions. Definitely not a factory.

amother

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 8:16 am
He was my pediatrician! I highly recommend him. He is very gently and patient, particularly good and calm when administering shots. As an older teen I felt comfortable enough to ask him a question about my period. I don't remember waiting long there but I do remember there was a playroom next to the general waiting room with toys and books. The staff and he himself were great with kids. If I would live in Flatbush now I definitely would use him.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 5:25 pm
Does anyone know if he still is not taking any new CHP patients?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics