Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
HELP! my kids have chicken poxs

im my kids ima

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 3:04 am
I dont know where this should go so if it needs to b moved go ahead a move it.
When I woke up this morning and started to get my kids ready 4 day camp I was suprised to find that low and behold thay have chicken poxs. now I know u will say whats the big deal. But it is bc my oldest is 4 and has it then comes a 3 yr old and she has it then I have a 2 yr old who didnt get it yet (and theres no camp 4 her) and my bigest fear is my newborn shes only 5 weeks old. HELP!!!! Crying
any sugestions ?????????????
oh and another big problem is that my dh is almost running the camp and has to b there so hes not here to help.
thanks 4 reading and letting me let this all out. have a great day / night

hila

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 3:21 am
Usually chicken pox is one of the "easier" childhood illnesses. ( I assume you did not give the innoculation ?) and apart from the annoyance factor it should be over for each child within a week.
I think it is contagious for 6 days from the first spot. But check with your doctor.

Do get some calomine lotion, give plent of warm, not hot baths, some say with oatmeal intehm to stop the itching.

Stock up on treats, toys, patience(for yourself). try and keep tehm cool and their hands occupied.

And this should be yor worst problem in life.

Your baby may get it, but she/he can then get it again later in life as it does not give immunity .

The older ones will have immunity and should not get shingles either.

If you are worried - take them to a doctor

TTWP

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 3:24 am
OY. Lousy timing, huh?

Ok, so I echo everything Hila says. Just gird your loins and get through the week. Hopefully it won't be a bad case. BTW you may want a doctor to check if it really is chicken pox. Where are the spots?

If it is - at least you'll be getting it over with in one go.

im my kids ima

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 3:58 am
thanks I tryed 2 call my dr but I got there answering mashine & I have no clue what there saying. I asked my dh that when he has a min 2 call them 4 me.
im trying 2 keep my cool

BinahYeteirah

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 4:26 am
My kids came down with the chicken pox THE DAY I gave birth to my youngest. I had a homebirth, too, so he was exposed from the first second. It was pretty hard, because my dh had to go back to work when I was 2 days postpartum. No one would help me because they didn't want to be exposed, and I couldn't even send my kids out because they were sick. They were still spotty by the baby's bris, but had to come anyway.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry to much. If you had it, your baby probably won't get it. I found that children's pain reliever helped with the older kids' kvetching and some videos occupied them while I rested with my new baby. Pinetarsol is also good for the bath and Benadryl gel helps with the itching.

They should have a easy refuah.

im my kids ima

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 5:26 am
update: I got a friend that uses the same dr as I do to call and she tould me hes on vacation 4 2 weeks. we r trying to get ahold of a replacement dr but shes realy hard to get a hold of.
bh my sister is here to help me but I feel realy bad asking her to do so much work. and yes we r waching vidios all day. I have a book 4 them I just need to make some copies and cant get out right now.

justanothermother

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 7:56 am
My kids came out with chicken pox spots when my baby was 10 days old. My doctor told me the baby was protected by my antibodies through my milk. Are you nursing?

It's hard to have all the kids home with a newborn. You mentioned videos which is great. Another thing to try entertaining them is to put them in an Aveeno bath with a pile of new bath toys (have a friend pick some up for you.) Let them stay in there for an hour.

im my kids ima

Post Wed, Jul 02 2008, 8:11 am
Are you nursing?
yes im only nursing bh.
thats a great idea I will put them on bathing suites and tell them there going swimming. (ofcours I will need 2 put a lot of towells on the floor 2.)
thanks 4 the addvice
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics