Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What's the weirdest gift you got?
  1  2  3  20  21  22  Next

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 3:24 pm
My 9 year old ds just had a birthday. He got some very nice gifts, but the weirdest one he got, from a boy in his class, was boxer shorts, plain, regular boxer shorts and that's it. Rolling Eyes shock

freidasima

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 3:25 pm
But think how useful they are.
The wierdest gift we ever got were a pair of handcuffs that someone gave us as a wedding gift...don't ask...

Don't get it wrong...it was because I would be working with juvenile delinquents on my first job!

Last edited by freidasima on Wed, Jul 16 2008, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rivky

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 3:27 pm
freidasima wrote:
But think how useful they are.
The wierdest gift we ever got were a pair of handcuffs that someone gave us as a wedding gift...don't ask...

Are you for real??? I can't stop Rolling Laughter !!!

freidasima

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 3:28 pm
Rivky take it easy and see the explanation I just added.

It was someone really close who knew us well....

zigi

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 3:28 pm
that is a really weird gift. its not like its a layette for a baby, was the party last minute and thats the only thing they had to give? I sometimes give clothing like shirts if its the last minute.

zufriedene

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 3:29 pm
have u ever seen the real gloves farmers or wood choppersd use? we got that as an aniversary gift. U know what cutting yhe blech for Pesach it was really helpful we take turns wearing them Very Happy

Rivky

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 3:30 pm
freidasima wrote:
Rivky take it easy and see the explanation I just added.

It was someone really close who knew us well....

OK-calmed down!! Wink

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 3:30 pm
zigi wrote:
that is a really weird gift. its not like its a layette for a baby, was the party last minute and thats the only thing they had to give? I sometimes give clothing like shirts if its the last minute.

He did also get 2 t-shirts and a cap. Not only was the party not last minute, the boy gave it to him in school about a week later.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 3:41 pm
We got an antique-looking bell on a rope as a wedding present. We still can't figure out why or what we are supposed to do with it.

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 3:42 pm
Giving clothing is very normal in Latin American countries... It is not weird to give a friend a shirt for his B-day or other holiday. Ditto for underwear, at least in the not (so) religious circles.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 3:51 pm
My mom gave my dh hangers shana rishona for his b-day. Rolling Eyes

She thought it was areally nice gift, I thought otherwise.

DH was shock

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 3:54 pm
Amother: do you mean clothes' hangers? I WISH my MIL would have given my DH those.....
We really could use 'em well!!!!

sky

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 3:55 pm
As a wedding present we got a glass vase. Except that the inside is split into four compartments. and the top is sealed except for 4 small holes that lead into each of the 4 compartments. the holes are too small for most flower stems to fit through. We cannot figure out what it is for. We saved it so we can have people guess what it is - but nobody ever guessed.

Clarissa

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 4:04 pm
Somebody gave us a foot massager for a wedding present. It had spaces for two feet. I don't know what the idea was -- we should each put in one foot so we can do it together, with our spare feet off to the side? Or one would massage his or her feet and be so relaxed it would be conducive to marital harmony? I'm not sure, but they sat in my closet gathering dust until I tossed them.

Last edited by Clarissa on Wed, Jul 16 2008, 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

mama-star

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 4:05 pm
I love when people re-gift tacky things... Rolling Eyes

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 4:10 pm
Two of the wierdest gifts I ever got were from the same person, my brothers mother inlaw. for Chanuka one year she gave me this aweful color of brown lipgloss. it was hideous. and I think the next chanuka she knitted one of those scarves that are really furry, it was hort pink! How does she not realize that the flashiest I ever will get, is sage green?? It's like she's never met me! and why was she giving me presents anyway? thats what really baffles me.

GAMZu

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 4:49 pm
A huge feathered hat with a super wide brim from my MIL. She said it was to wear at weddings. What

Quote:

We got an antique-looking bell on a rope as a wedding present. We still can't figure out why or what we are supposed to do with it.
shock LOL

Tehilla

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 4:54 pm
I've made quite a few bridal showers for kallahs, usually friends with little family support so the showers covered everything.

aside from the usual household items, I would toss in things like handsoap, toilet paper, gloves, disposable dishes for the first week or so till things got toiveled, sponges...

sometimes they would stare at me while eyeing the TP or disposables, but inevitably every one of them thanked me afterwards when they realized no one bought TP for the house (but me!).

cassandra

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 4:55 pm
We got an (old) silver toast holder for our wedding. I had no idea what it was until seven years after our wedding I saw a similar item on the Antiques Roadshow.

The woman who gave it to us actually wrote "please enjoy this _________" in the card, but her handwriting was illegible.

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Jul 16 2008, 4:57 pm
It's not really a strange thing, just useless to me. It's a silver candle holder to use when lighting candles for Shabbat or Chanuka I guess. I don't understand why you can't just hold the candle?
Page 1 of 22   1  2  3  20  21  22  Next Recent Topics