Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What's the weirdest gift you got?
  Previous  1  2  3 17  18  19 20  21  22  Next

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, Dec 04 2012, 7:13 am
amother wrote:
My MIL always brings me calendars from previous years. Pretty pictures she tells me... I also get those stickers from the easter seal that they get in the mail. Oh and stationary that has her name on it but since she we have the same last name I could cross it out. Oh and I once got a letter opener that said 2001 and this was about 2 years ago... And I got the bag of the potatoes (not the potatoes..) scrunched up. She said it is the best cleaning sponge ever!!! Should I go on??? I could not make this up if I tried...
These are gifts I get because we live overseas and she brings them (yes in her suitcase...) and I have to be overly appreciative or else....

I actually use the potato bag as my Shabbos sponge sometimes!

theoneandonly

Post Tue, Dec 04 2012, 8:14 am
As a wedding gift, from pretty close family friends, I got a beautifully wrapped package of disposable paper plates...

m2m

Post Tue, Dec 04 2012, 1:55 pm
The funniest wedding present we got was from a very wealthy elderly lady.... a parcel arrived in the post one day during our engagement, I got all excited thinking its something really expensive and unwrapped all the bubble wrap only to find a small ceramic match box cover with a box of matches inside! signed from her and her late husband!

Snickers18

Post Fri, Dec 07 2012, 3:55 pm
On the topic of strange gifts....This just in, on Chanukah presents:

Web Page Name

sarahla

Post Sat, Dec 08 2012, 9:36 pm
I got this Chanukah from my DH aunt a " flipping hot" ustensil... It took me while to figure it out but it's a kitchen ustensil to flip burger but looks like a princess mirror... I'm sure my DD who is 3 would love it. I on the other hand is too old to appreciate the beauty of it

amother

Post Sat, Dec 08 2012, 9:42 pm
Snickers18 wrote:

Web Page Name

I received the hanakah house and the matching make your own cookies from the same company. We don't use products from that company. Besides it is too xmasy.

Fabulous

Post Sat, Dec 08 2012, 10:09 pm
theoneandonly wrote:
As a wedding gift, from pretty close family friends, I got a beautifully wrapped package of disposable paper plates...

Unless it was an inside joke or there are some social issues, it was likely a mistake.

If I really couldn't afford a gift, I would more likely give nothing than something like that.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Nov 29 2013, 2:19 pm
They're very much into gift giving here. When you make a birthday party in school, you're supposed to give invitations to the other kids beforehand just in case they want to give present. It's really nice and I'm not knocking it at all. Anyway yesterday was my ds6 party in school and besides the few nice simple presents he got then, today he came home with another one...childrens liquid hand soap. It's a hot wheels one, so it wasn't even cheap. It's really nice and all and he does like it, but soap?! I guess it's better than the cologne they always give Confused .

ButterflyGarden

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 12:01 pm
We knew someone who got a 6 foot tall martini glass for their wedding.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 12:38 pm
DH's friends gave us towels at our vort with the word "hernia" written on them.

greenfire

Post Sat, Nov 30 2013, 10:24 pm

amother

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 12:15 am
MIL just sent me an apron from their trip to Italy. It says "I love pasta" and is covered in phallic noodles.

Barbara

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 12:51 am
amother wrote:
MIL just sent me an apron from their trip to Italy. It says "I love pasta" and is covered in phallic noodles.

Oh, she probably didn't even notice.

A friend's sweet, religious Christian parents once gave her mugs as a housewarming present. "Aren't they cute? Animals playing!" Uhhh, those animals weren't exactly playing. They were copulating! She never had the heart to tell them.

DrMom

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 1:07 am
amother wrote:

Phallic noodles? Dare I ask?

DrMom

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 1:12 am
amother wrote:
Snickers18 wrote:

Web Page Name

I received the hanakah house and the matching make your own cookies from the same company. We don't use products from that company. Besides it is too xmasy.

Ooh, that looks cute! Kind of xmassy, true, but my kids wouldn't know that.
Über-kitschy. Thumbs Up

DrMom

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 1:16 am
Barbara wrote:
amother wrote:
chavaih wrote:
Weirdest gift ever was a dressing up nurses uniform found on the bed in our hotel room after our wedding apparently a gift from friends.

bet that takes the biscuit!

In tht vein, dh and I heard pounding on the door of the cheder yichud and tried to ignore it.
when it idn't stop, he went to answer. One of his yeshiva acquaintances handed him a gift wrapped box. He tore off a bit of the paper and was shocked to find...a tube of ky jelly. To this day, we have no idea why he didn't wait another 20 mins and just give it to us then....?

I guess he thought you needed it then. embarrassed

I would be annoyed at someone who thought it was funny to interrupt a chattan and kallah's yichud to give them a crude joke gift. What a yutz.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 1:42 am
[code]amother wrote:

Phallic noodles? Dare I ask?[quote]

They are in the shape of male anatomy I only learned about in kallah class. shock

mom in france

Post Mon, Dec 16 2013, 2:48 am
This thread is sooo funny! Giving me a good laugh!! Smile

smileyface:)

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 1:01 pm
as a joke my friend got us 8 pregnency tests when we got married Smile

fbc

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 1:17 pm
We didn't get any really strange gifts for our wedding, just stuff we didn't necessarily like, but my father told us in his days when he and his friends were becoming bar mitzvah, they would get socks and boxers.
Page 18 of 22   Previous  1  2  3 17  18  19 20  21  22  Next Recent Topics