Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Need kid friendly/husband friendly/wallet friendly recipes

myomi

Post Sun, Jul 20 2008, 2:20 pm
I have a very picky husband and very picky children.I however are not.I am looking for dinner ideas,that are not too "fancy" for their taste but not too "child-like",also I do not like to spend a ton of money buying ingrediants,if I may just end up tossing the leftovers.
Does anyone out there have a "picky' family?What do you cook for them?I feel terrible making pasta and sauce,and other proccessed foods for my kids.

goodheart

Post Tue, Jul 22 2008, 10:19 am
chop meat like slopy joes and mix it with noodles .
my kids & husband loves it and its very easy to make it
all u do is saute the meat in a drop of oil
saute till brown keep mixing it break the big pieces is should be like crumbs after its brown add some spices and alot of ketchup to make it
very red and sauce alittle then sep pot cook noodles then mix together.
enjoy! if u make it let me know feed back.

ny_ima

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 9:49 am
My picky lil boy loves this, as does dh and everyone in between

Easy but not kid's menu:

In heavy pan fry many cubed onions in (olive) oil. Add ground beef. Stir to get even crumb texture. When browned lower heat and simmer covered --(own juices come out)

On very low can let simmer half hour or longer. Add teriyaki sauce - too much will make it too salty

In aluminium baking pan, layer bottom with frozen ready pastry dough-- I use the one that u don't have to roll out or punch with fork and smear with egg! If comes in squares, that's fine too, cover bottom of pan with the squares
Scoop ground mixture on top of dough (with its juices but if too much liquid, use only part- it should not be too sopping) and cover with top layer of dough
Follow package instructions to bake pastry in oven. When dough golden, its ready

This dish is both filling and appetizing. As much as I make, there are no leftovers!

YALT

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:20 am
I make something similar to ny_ima. But There's also a vege layer in it.
I sautee shredded zucchini, carrots & onion, mix with seasoning, and put it ontop of the meat. Then the 2nd layer of puff pastry. Egg & sesame on top, and bake.
My nices and nephews saw me making it and said they won't touch it. Boy wee they surprised, when, after the whole pan was finished, I told them that was the thing they didn't want to touch! A month later, they asked their mother to get the recipe and make it.

YALT

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 11:22 am
A good idea is Pizza.
Somewhere on here is a recipe by Sunshine for a pizza dough. Very easy to make, and delicious for all ages!
Then you choose what toppings you want for each person. For your husband, make sure to put all his favorite toppings.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus