Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning the Bathtub

amother

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 9:04 am
I just scrubbed my bathtub and rinsed it out three times and it still smells like the stuff I cleaned it with. The prob. is, last time I did that, when I used the bathtub, it stung (like there was still residue of cleaning agent). What can I do to make that not happen? What do you use to clean your tub?

And while we're at it, what about a brand new shower curtain liner that is starting to mold and will not clean off no matter what I use?

sunflower mom

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 9:15 am
Ajax works fine for me in the bathtub.
As for shower curtains and liners, it is well known that bacteria grows in wet/damp things. When we shower, there are certain germs from our bodies that get onto the shower curtain/liner and therefore its a great idea to change the liner every so often and wash out the curtain. The same is with loofa sponges, reg. sponges and rags.
interesting fact: did you know that there is more bacteria on your cutting boards then on your toilet seat?

shoy18

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 9:55 am
It might help not to buy a plastic shower curtain or liner, if you do. they make material ones that dry very quickly and that you can wash. Make a habit of washing it every so often and the mold wont come.

shayna82

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 10:07 am
I say try to keep up with the cleanliness of your shower,a nd then every time afterthat, all yuo need is an all purpuse cleansar -they come in great scents and will get the job done...

raizy

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 11:06 am
try washing the bathtub with vim after every time u use it then it will stay nice and clean and smell good too. also on top of your expensive curtains I put a cheap dollar store liner . and that prevents the curtains from becoming moldy. I leave the expensive curtains from the outside of the tub.

gryp

Post Wed, Dec 14 2005, 7:38 pm
Quote:
interesting fact: did you know that there is more bacteria on your cutting boards then on your toilet seat?

thats good news, because I dont use cutting boards!

but wouldnt there be a difference of the type of bacteria found on cutting boards and the type found on toilet seats? Confused

baby's mom

Post Wed, Dec 14 2005, 7:43 pm
Quote:

I've been thinking about this ^.
What about the baby's highchair--the tray is prob also full of bacteria, even if you wash it after every meal, no?
Sorry for diverting from the topic Confused
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry