Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What's the weirdest gift you GAVE?

greentiger

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 3:14 am
Okay 'fess up everybody...

amother

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 3:47 am
When I was little, my mother bought stuff at odd-lot places, for me to give as gifts.
A 7-year old girl does NOT want to give her girlfriend a kit to construct a plastic dinosaur model. Uck!
I still get the heebie-jeebies thinking about that birthday party. embarrassed

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 4:01 am
My best friend were was getting married and I asked them what they really needed.

They told me so I ended up going to an office supply store and buying them half a dozen metal folding chairs with padded seats.

cubbie

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 4:06 am
An empty box...
When I was a kid my grandfather and I had this little joke that when one of us came back from vacation we would first give each other an empty box pretending it was the present and then afterwards we gave the real present.

gamekeeper

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 4:27 am
one of my friends married one of dh's friend... and they have a great sence of humour...

my friend decided that she didnt want a kitchen tea, but a lady in the communitee decided that they really could do with the extra gifts...s ooooo... she made a huge kitchen tea-for the husband! she invited all his friends etc, dressed him up and did all the games with him instead of her.

we all thought that this was hysterical-shich it was. dh point blank refused to take a regular gift but rather opted for a more humorous one... he baught him a toilet seat! it was really funny!

Raisin

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 5:28 am
amother wrote:
When I was little, my mother bought stuff at odd-lot places, for me to give as gifts.
A 7-year old girl does NOT want to give her girlfriend a kit to construct a plastic dinosaur model. Uck!
I still get the heebie-jeebies thinking about that birthday party. embarrassed

my older dd would think that is the perfect bday present. she hates dolls and girly stuff.

Ima'la

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 5:34 am
Ok, get ready everyone - I may win with this one....

A TOILET PLUNGER!!!

At bridal showers, they used to assign each guest a room, and ask them to buy a wishing well gift for that room. I ALWAYS got the bathroom! Thbbbpppt to whoever mananged to give me that room EVERY time! (It was not a uniform group of friends - can't really blame anyone - just my luck!)

Now the truth is, there are plenty of normal, lovely things you can give a bride for her new bathroom, but I completely forgot about it until a couple hours before the shower. Probably I should have just skipped it - who would've noticed - but being a goody-two-shoes who always did as I was told, since I didn't have time to get over to a Bed, Bath & Beyond type store, I drove over to a nearby hardware store and bought a plunger - and then decorated it with lace to look like a kallah! I attached a picture of her face to the top of the stick, made a veil, and covered the plunger part with lace to make a skirt.

Now you have to admit, it was creative - and probably even came in handy!

Zus

Post Mon, Jul 28 2008, 7:26 am
Ima'la that's really funny! And a nice idea to divide the rooms of the house Smile

What was the weirdest gift I gave? I'll have to think hard and deep! I'd like to think that I give really nice presents Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics