Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Dressing dd tsniusly

Mommy F.

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 7:36 pm
At what age did your daughter only wear skirts? At what age did she cover her elbows? At 3 years old? older? younger? What were your reasons?

PIP

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 7:51 pm
I think the norm is 3 years old skirts, and 5 years old long sleeves, Some people do high socks and some don't (But by 5 years old the schools usually enforce knee socks.)
I started my kids at 3 with skirts and 4 with sleeves only because my daughter wouldn't let me put on short sleeves! I'd say if they acknowledge that they want to wear it, let them! I did high socks at the age of 5.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 7:52 pm
Skirts at age three. Sleeves bet 3-5 depending on the school and home.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 8:57 pm
Skirts at three. Sleeves at 4-5. Dd is really tall though & looks about a year or 2 older than she really is.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Jul 30 2008, 12:03 am
Mine are all in skirts now. Actually Rivka has a c0ouple of long shorts she still wears to DCP, but they will go bye bye when she starts gan (and she knows it). People here wear pants until 5 or 6 though.

Sleeves will be 3/4 when they start Kitah Aleph, so about 6. I don't really buy them tshirts though, but my mom does.

When do you dress your kids tzniisly even in the house. What I mean is now, if BIL comes or somthing, and I want to change the girls into PJs I put them in PJs (evn though they are pants) and they can come out. Or if the doorbell rings and they are not dressed yet I don't send them into their room (again they are wearing t-shirt PJs and pants, not anything skimpy). At what age do people stop this?

cheerios

Post Wed, Jul 30 2008, 12:15 am
I think this differs greatly in each community. If you want an answer geared to your community, why don't you post it in the private forum for your community. I'm sure there's a big difference from the chassidish, to the modern ortodox etc...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers