Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
This makes me MAD!!!

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2008, 8:12 pm
For the 3rd time in 2 months I have been solicited about products based on people recommending my name. Exploding anger

The first time was about melaleuca products. Ok, I kind of understood that one because I was talking to a friend who used them and I expressed some interest. She recommended me to the lady who sold them. I had to listen to a very hyper, cheerful, name-dropping sales pitch over the phone (I didn't want to be rude and hang up on another Jew). I did not know when I expressed interest in the products that I would get a phone call from a multilevel marketing person.

The second time I got a call out of the blue about goji juice. The woman who called me said she got my name from another lady in our neighborhood. HELLO? No thanks! Why are you giving my name for sales purposes?

The third call I got was tonight. Someone from my kids school gave this woman my name - why, I have NO IDEA - to do a cutlery demonstration in my home. I barely know the woman who gave my name! I had to politely decline.

I have not told any of the 3 people who gave my name out that I am upset about it. I am a non-confrontational person (that's why I am venting here, in a safe place), But I am MAD!!!

amother

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 2:52 pm
NEXT TIME U MEET ANY OF THESE 3 PPLE... Shooting Arrow

amother

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 5:44 pm
why should you be mad, just tell them you are disinterested.

montrealmommy

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 5:56 pm
cordially ask that your name/number not be distributed,

Or, if you have the gunshin - when getting a phone call, politely say "who refered you to me? oh, that's interesting, because I don't recall discussing this with so-and -so. I am sorry to have wasted you time, but I am not interested" the key is getting to them before they begin their shpiel!

I would, in a polite way tell the people who gave your name without your concent (even you Melaleuca friend) that you would greatly appreciate it if in future, you could be asked your permission before your private info is given over.

Maya

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 6:00 pm
Great advice, montrealmommy. Tactful, yet firm.

bubby

Post Thu, Jul 31 2008, 6:18 pm
This won't stop the first call, but put them on hold & leave them hanging. At least they won't call back!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette