Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What Do You Do When You Are Better Than Everyone Else?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

marina

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:10 pm
Is anyone in this situation? I always find that I am smarter and more special than everyone around me. I am the kindest, nicest and careful person I know. It is soooo annoying! Can you relate? Everyone else is just such a dolt in comparison. I just want to scream sometimes. What do you do? HELP! I need some chizzuk here.

No obnoxious comments please.

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:16 pm
you must really be dumb cause I'm way smarter than you ... Banging head

marina

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:20 pm
Hmm. Greenfire. Did you read the last sentence of my post. Please re-read.

Clarissa

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:25 pm
You may be the smartest and most special, the nicest and most careful, but you're not the everything-est person. For instance, do you have the best penmanship of anyone around? Can you tie as many knots as an Eagle Scout? Do you know all the words to "Evita" or "A Chorus Line"? Have you ever made mocha creme caramel? Do you know the difference between all of the paintings of Monet and Manet? Do you knit? Do you know the secrets to shorter line-waits at Disney World?

In these areas, you might be average or below average.

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:27 pm
oh was I being a bit too obnoxious shock

marina

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:34 pm
Clarissa, if I wanted to start a post about stupid things that I don't know, I would have. Instead I started a post about how I should deal with the emotional baggage of being superior to everyone in almost every single area (boy-scout knots aside).

SO PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC.

I need emotional support here, no bashing. If you are not as special or smart or frum as me, don't even bother.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:37 pm
oh, marina. remember, no obnoxious comments...

Mrs. XYZ

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:44 pm
Big problem.

How about relocating yourself to some lone deserted island? Then you'll have noone to feel superior to.

btw, how come this is not in the "emotional issues" section?

cassandra

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:45 pm
I know what you mean. It's tough.

Better post in emotional health, though.

marina

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 7:13 pm
Quote:
How about relocating yourself to some lone deserted island? Then you'll have noone to feel superior to.

Believe me, I have thought about this. But then all the people around me will have no one to look up to, no one to learn from. I cannot be so selfish. But the sacrifice is getting to be too much. Does anyone understand me? Is there someone I can speak to, someone on my level?

Maya

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 7:15 pm
Quote:
Does anyone understand me? Is there someone I can speak to, someone on my level?
My husband. I'll give you his number.

marina

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 7:18 pm
Do you really imagine that I would speak to a man? I am the most religious person I know.

red sea

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 7:19 pm
marina! you are going to give me a complex, I used the words obnoxious & why isnt it in the emotional health section today & now I think you are copying me Crying

Chocoholic

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 7:20 pm
Anonymous posting is disabled, grrrr...

Lady Godiva

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 7:23 pm
You gotta get your head checked, chica. I think it may be swollen...

Mitzvahmom

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 7:41 pm
wow....

I um have nothing to say...

There are no words... While this may come across as obnoxious I think I will type it anyway

I believe in my heart of hearts, that the people that are truly better than others. Are not able to see it themselves... These are people that do things with out needing acknowledgement.

wow....um...wish u luck

Tefila

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 8:40 pm
Marina are you 4 real ????

There is always people better then us we are not the only gift to humanity though sometimes I would like to think that Smile true I wonder sometimes if I get taken advantage of for being nice but to say I am the nicest and others are not is very baal gavah dik and frankly not true!.
Though you may not mean it that way,from your original post it comes across that way, and can send potential nice friends and posters flying.
Rememeber Marina I am not sayig you don't have those qualitys b/c one I don't know you and two who would I be to judge anyways.

Can you give an example of a particular situation maybe where we could help u and understand where you are coming from???

su7kids

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 8:46 pm
marina wrote:
Clarissa, if I wanted to start a post about stupid things that I don't know, I would have. Instead I started a post about how I should deal with the emotional baggage of being superior to everyone in almost every single area (boy-scout knots aside).

SO PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC.

I need emotional support here, no bashing. If you are not as special or smart or frum as me, don't even bother.

Honestly, Marina, one thing you can definitely work on is a bit of humility.

How do you know you're smarter than everyone else?

I'm very special in my own way, and you are in yours. Each one of us is special in our own ways, because Hashem made us and deemed it fit to keep us on this earth. So, maybe the baggage you have needs to be turned around and you need to learn to find areas where others excel and notice them and comment on them to other people.

There is no ma'aleh being smarter than anyone else, only if you use your smarts for a good purpose.

Tefila

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 8:50 pm
One more thing to add "I know it's hard to be humble, when you are as great as I am"!

freidasima

Post Sat, Aug 02 2008, 1:56 pm
I was sure I fell into that category also but then I thought about what Clarissa said and my total lack of ability to make a Mocha Creme Carmel.

I'm not even sure what a Mocha Creme Carmel is but I think I would probably like to eat it.

In fact I think I would LOVE to eat it.

Marina, maybe I'm a better eater than you. Bet you're skinnier than I am which makes you the skinnier of us but it makes me the bigger eater.

So where does this leave us?

(p.s. is mocha creme carmel milchig? It sounds milchig. That means I can eat it this week?)
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics