Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What Do You Do When You Are Better Than Everyone Else?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Tehilla

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 4:29 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Just read the reviews, and if anybody has read my cooking and baking posts here, mine should be glaringly obvious.

I've got your number, Craig.

marina

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 7:18 pm
I, for example, don't have lint in my navel. So, no need to clean it out.

Quote:
It was never my desire to make any other poster feel inadequate. True, some of you are inadequate losers who don't know a crème caramel from a crème brûlée from a flan. And some of you may have once been knitters but haven't the drive or commitment to continue to knit, another source of justifiable shame. I could go on, but it might make you feel worse.

REPRESENT! Clarissa, you seem the kind of person who might understand a fraction of what I am going through. How do you deal with those so much less capable than you? Share your secrets.

And yes, for all you inquisitive minds, this is Marina's unborn (and not yet conceived) child who has hijacked her account. Basically Marina's ovaries are communicating with you through the internet. If you have something to say to them, make it good. They are busy.

Raisin

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 7:24 pm
greenfire wrote:
clarissa ... I have a real issue with that mocha recipe ... how on earth can they use instant coffee shock ... that is like using imitation vanilla ... go for the brewed stuff and may it strong ... ahhhhh - now we're talkin ...

marina make sure your dh makes this asap ... I'll be coming to taste it ... then we'll see who's smarter or is that better ...

I was worrying over the imported chocolate. What if you live in Belgium or Switzerland? would you have to use american choclate then?

Couldn't find clarissa in the reviews. LOL

chaylizi

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 7:27 pm
marina wrote:
I, for example, don't have lint in my navel. So, no need to clean it out.

Quote:
It was never my desire to make any other poster feel inadequate. True, some of you are inadequate losers who don't know a crème caramel from a crème brûlée from a flan. And some of you may have once been knitters but haven't the drive or commitment to continue to knit, another source of justifiable shame. I could go on, but it might make you feel worse.

REPRESENT! Clarissa, you seem the kind of person who might understand a fraction of what I am going through. How do you deal with those so much less capable than you? Share your secrets.

And yes, for all you inquisitive minds, this is Marina's unborn (and not yet conceived) child who has hijacked her account. Basically Marina's ovaries are communicating with you through the internet. If you have something to say to them, make it good. They are busy.

busy?! perfect beings are never busy! I'll bet you are just letting out your anger at being an unacknowledged overachiever.

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 7:29 pm
Tehilla wrote:
Clarissa wrote:
By the way, I think I wrote one of the reviews.

how many people are going to race there just to see if they can figure out who you are?

been there done that - only ish is that she spelled kook wrong from new york was easy ... Twisted Evil

Clarissa

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 11:02 pm
Raisin wrote:
Couldn't find clarissa in the reviews. LOL
I'm the reviewer who said she added an extra step to the process, by straining the custard through a sieve. That's very me. I double-sift my flour, combine different types of chocolate, find some way to make a recipe more elaborate. The last time I did this I did use four kinds of chocolate to get things just right.

I think mine is "A Cook from NY, NY" on the bottom of the first page of reviews. Wasn't sure at first but it sounds just like me.

mammala120

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 11:11 pm
this threat is confusing :roll:

are we attacking the OP or giving her advice in the "indirect" way

.....like marina since you are more intelligent then everyone else then go and figure out all the indirect advices toP.s.
there is no such thing as being better then everyone else, because like it or not we ALL CREATED EQUALLY JUST THE WAY HASHEM WANTED US TO BE CREATED. Equally means similare body parts to function, mouth to talk and fingers to type on imamother.....ect.........................................................................................
....ok I am tired..A gute nach.

marina

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 1:53 pm
Today I woke up thinking... why don't I revive a 5 year old thread on imamother? And so I did.

Lesson to You All : Wake up motivated and full of zeal! Then you will accomplish all that you set out to do!

yo'ma

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 1:55 pm
marina wrote:
Today I woke up thinking... why don't I revive a 5 year old thread on imamother? And so I did.

Now that means you've been a member too long Smile .

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 2:26 pm
wow ~ nothing has changed in 5 years - except for maybe the recipe ...

Sanguine

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 2:41 pm
Look which people ran to join a thread for people who are "Better Than Everyone Else"

King

shlomitsmum

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 2:51 pm
Answer : You get yourself checked at the hospital psych ward for delusions .... Wink

Barbara

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 2:52 pm
I'll answer Marina's question with a question of my own:

What happens when 2 men who both think they're Napolean meet?

Answer -- they each come to the correct conclusion, the other guy is crazy.

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 2:53 pm
shlomitsmum wrote:
Answer : You get yourself checked at the hospital psych ward for delusions .... Wink

it's easier & cheaper to go out for ice cream Ice cream Im with stupid

Factory Girl

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 2:57 pm
As pretty as you are
As smart as you are
As witty/charismatic/engaging as you are
As amazing as you are.....

there will ALWAYS be someone else who is prettier/smarter/sweeter/ then you... that's life Smile
and I think to some degree that should give you peace.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 3:24 pm
Factory Girl wrote:
As pretty as you are
As smart as you are

there will ALWAYS be someone else who is prettier/smarter/sweeter/ then you... that's life Smile

I used to be a professional model when I was a teen. My agent gave me some of the best advice I've ever heard. She said "Remember, there is always someone younger than you, thinner than you, and prettier than you - right down the street. She probably wants this job more than you do, too. Get over it." Very Happy

My agent was great for keeping our egos in check. She also said "Never forget, you're nothing but a glorified clothes hanger."

It's what's on the inside that counts!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Oct 24 2013, 5:03 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Sorry. I'm finding it right now. It's from an old Bon Appetit, but I think it's also on Epicurious. Check back in one minute.

eta:

Okay, I'm back, and here is the link. By the way, I think I wrote one of the reviews. I love this recipe:

http://www.epicurious.com/reci.....-1293

Just quoting for the people who are going to go, hey, what recipe? And save you having to go through all five pages. (I worked backwards Twisted Evil )

marina

Post Mon, Oct 28 2013, 12:51 pm
Factory Girl wrote:
As pretty as you are
As smart as you are

ok, but objectively this is not true. There are a finite number of people on the planet. So there will not ALWAYS be someone prettier/smarter/wittier.

Just sayin'. Maybe I'm the one.

Not to toot my own horn or anything.

Last edited by marina on Mon, Oct 28 2013, 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dovi'smom

Post Mon, Oct 28 2013, 1:16 pm
Maya wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone understand me? Is there someone I can speak to, someone on my level?
My husband. I'll give you his number.

Marina, I'm really havig a laughing out loud moment here, thanks to you reviving this ancient thread. And Maya, that was great.

marina

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 2:17 pm
I am yet again reviving this thread to help the secret genuises on the yet-again-locked Do You Have a Secret Thread.

I just want the Secret Genuises to know that I feel your pain. I am also very bright and special, probably 2-3 standard deviations more than you. And whoever said ( maybe Sequoia?) that there is always someone smarter- you were right! That someone is me!
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics