Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Last minute shiva food delivery -need advice asap!

luckyme

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:27 pm
The husband passed away tragically and the levaya was this morning. I do not know the family well, but had offered to make challah for Shabbos (I had arranged this with a family friend of thiers). Someone was supposed to come pick it up around 5, but had car trouble and I can't leave to deliver it until DH gets home in about 20 minutes. I would like advice on how to drop it off as I don't really know them (the daughter goes to an exercise class with DD and me) and don't want them to feel obligated to try to interact with me. My concern is that there won't be many people there and I don't want to just drop it and go if they are essentially alone. There have been many people there all day. What should I do, Shabbos is coming!
I had planned on making a call Sunday with my daughter, when I know alot of people will be there. The family is not religious at all.

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:33 pm
why make it so detailed ... say a word of comfort, bring the challah & say good shabbos ...

goodheart

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:40 pm
greenfire wrote:
why make it so detailed ... say a word of comfort, bring the challah & say good shabbos ...

I agree

luckyme

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:49 pm
so I can leave after 5 minutes?

luckyme

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:51 pm
Thanks!

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:53 pm
yeah and then go back on sunday ... she knows it's almost shabbos ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette