Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Favorite jewish kids music cd/tape
1  2  Next

Seraph

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 12:29 pm
what is your favorite jewish music cd/tape for your kids? what do you like about it? what age do you think it's best for?

Tamiri

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 1:19 pm
Do they still make Uncle Moishie? I remember that all the kids love/d him (we still have a few that are usable). He teaches a lot of nice concepts, with catchy tunes.

Seraph

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 1:27 pm
They do...
I didnt really listen to much kids music growing up, but the ones I remember were:
Uncle moishy (while babysitting), the marvelous middos machine, and when zaidy was young.
Which uncle moishy do you like best?
My husband liked yanky strudle. I never even heard of him...
What about country yossi? What type is that? Do you like it?
Someone suggested one I never heard of- rav alter... What kind of songs does he sing?

shmeichel

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 5:21 am
I dont know if we are referring to videos as well... but im a big fan of malkali!!Wink

as for cds I think the best is the marvelous midos machine-great songs, great lessons-and it doesnt give you a headache like uncle moishy:(

HooRYou

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 5:26 am
Rebbe Alter is great. We have most of the holiday ones, but the Yomim Noraim and Chanukah ones are the best. They are avaialble in both Hebrew and English. Like Shmeichel said we like both Rebbe Alter and the Middos Machine ones becuase we also enjoy them and they don't make us crazy.

shmeichel

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 5:36 am
I've never heard of the Rebbe Alter ones... is it something new?

rowo

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 7:08 am
I love shmuel kunda tapes. I grew up with them and now my husband has introduced me to some of the even older ones, they are great.

YALT

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 7:25 am
If you're looking for your playgroup, I wouldn't use Shmuel Kunda. That's for older kids. Even Marvelous Midos isn't really for that age (prob. 3+)
Country Yossi tapes are for much older. But his Kivi and Tuki are for kids that are older than 2, but probably by 3 it would be fine.
I would stick with Uncle Moishy, Rebbe ALter, and all those misc. Suki & Ding (Torah Island, Simcha Machine, 36 Jewish Childrens Songs, +++)
DS' favorite is 36 jewish childrens songs. there are 2 volumes.

Video-wise:
he loves uncle moishy, malkali, & a video we have about toy trains,

shmeichel

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 7:36 am
what about 613 torah avenue?

Seraph

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 8:25 am
YALT wrote:
If you're looking for your playgroup, I wouldn't use Shmuel Kunda. That's for older kids. Even Marvelous Midos isn't really for that age (prob. 3+)
Country Yossi tapes are for much older. But his Kivi and Tuki are for kids that are older than 2, but probably by 3 it would be fine.
I would stick with Uncle Moishy, Rebbe ALter, and all those misc. Suki & Ding (Torah Island, Simcha Machine, 36 Jewish Childrens Songs, +++)
DS' favorite is 36 jewish childrens songs. there are 2 volumes.

Video-wise:
he loves uncle moishy, malkali, & a video we have about toy trains,

36 jewish children's songs is my husbands favorite from growing up. he got really excited when he saw I got it, as it brought back special memories for him. (thats the yanky strudle he was talking about). yea, shmuel kunda, aka when zaidy was young, is a story and not songs per se... marvelous middos machine is fine for little kids, but the songs are the specific parts that I'd want, not all the talking...\\

what does rebbe alter sing? any famous songs that a kids music ignoramus like myself would know?

YALT

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 8:53 am
I never really had rebbe alter's in my house. my sister did.
If I'm not mistaken, there's a tape for each yomtov. it's all the songs for that yomtov.
example: for chanukah it sings the brachos, maoz tzur, haneiros halalu, oh chanukah, and other songs for then.

HooRYou

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 8:57 am
I think there is a disk of just the songs from the Middos Machine if I am not mistaken. You lose half the fun though.

mama-star

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 9:06 am
I love the tape "mitzvos mitzvos everyday" by morah leah. it's so upbeat and fun! ditto to the malkali videos, those are great (isn't she beautiful?).

Seraph

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 9:12 am
HooRYou wrote:
I think there is a disk of just the songs from the Middos Machine if I am not mistaken. You lose half the fun though.
but dont lose the attention span of a 1.5 year old not old enough to listen to a story...

MamaBear

Post Tue, Aug 05 2008, 3:09 pm
My kids love Kol Nearim - english words to jewish (carlebach) melodies.

http://www.mostlymusic.com/dah......html

morahl

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 5:25 am
Hi,
I just finished making a new Jewish holiday CD called "I Can See the Stars". Kids love it and so do moms! You can listen to clips of the songs free on my website (morahleahmusic.com) Also, you can listen to "Mitzvot, Mitzvot Everyday!"
Kol tuv,
Morah Leah

Pineapple

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 10:26 am
For a 1.5 year old I think the torah islands are the best

Aribenj

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 4:31 pm
My kids are obsessed with Uncle Moishy (as was I Very Happy )

I even still have cassettes and VHS videos my little brother used to watch! between those and the dvds we bought for our own kids, I think we have the whole collection. It's the only thing my 17 month old will sit still for!

soldat

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 11:09 pm
I've always loved When Zeidy Was Young
my sibs and I used to reinact the whole thing at the Shabbos table
yohoo mrs. pitkin...
my kids are to young to enjoy the humor

ClaRivka

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 11:17 pm
When I was your son's age, Seraph, I dont remember listening to anything!
But as I got older I remember loving country yossi- kivi and tuki and his other tapes, marvelous middos machine, the golden crown, The Torah Zoo (more story than songs), and I think that was it!
I hated uncle moishe with a passion! Also Suki and Ding.

My inlaws are all into this new guy Rebbe Hill. Hes like stories and stuff. He does all the voices. For some reason he does some of his voices that come from his throat and it just sounds like he's dry heaving, it makes me want to throw up!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics