Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Embarassing situation with neighbor
1  2  Next

yipes

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 11:32 pm
This morning my I woke very early and when I opened the window shades I saw my (frum) male neighbor in the shower very clearly through his bathroom window. The sun was not up yet, and during the day when it is light you can't see what is going on inside through the frosted glass window. I'm sure he has no idea that when it is dark out you can see right in! I want to tell him or have DH tell him so that he doesn't continue to expose himself without knowing it, but how can I do that without embarrassing him?

Crayon210

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 11:38 pm
Your husband can say he saw into the bathroom and assumes that if he can see the curtain (or whatever), it means maybe people can see people as they walk around also.

Don't focus on what happened, just that something innocuous happened, and to protect your privacy, maybe put up a shade, etc.

Definitely have your husband do it.

yipes

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 11:58 pm
The problem is that all the houses are the same, and the window is in the shower, so what was seen will be kind of obvious. I am also not sure DH will have the guts to says anything

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 8:10 am
I don't know how the houses are situated in your neighborhood, but if the shower is on the side of the house, doesn't that mean only you can see it? If so, maybe just put of curtain on your window as Crayon suggested.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 8:12 am
And then if you ever move leave a note so that he'll know for the next homeowners!

freidasima

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 8:31 am
Your dh doesn't have to say that he saw the neighbor but that someone commented that you can see into all the windows at night like that etc. Meaning it could sound like Dh was talking about himself and just sharing the warning that HE got...may sound better and be easier that way.

yipes

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 10:03 am
Thanks for the suggestions. The bathrooms are at the back of the house, and all the houses are very close together. This neighbor is back to back with me and I saw him across the backyard. If I can see in, at least 5-6 other houses can too. Freidasima, I will ask DH about your suggestion, I don't know if he will do it. This morning DS woke me at 4:45. I did not open the windowshade because I don't want to see that again. Does this mean I can never open the bedroom shades again?

Crayon210

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 10:05 am
No, it means your husband has to be mature enough to go say something. It's the mentchlich thing to do.

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 10:13 am
yipes wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. The bathrooms are at the back of the house, and all the houses are very close together. This neighbor is back to back with me and I saw him across the backyard. If I can see in, at least 5-6 other houses can too. Freidasima, I will ask DH about your suggestion, I don't know if he will do it. This morning DS woke me at 4:45. I did not open the windowshade because I don't want to see that again. Does this mean I can never open the bedroom shades again?

5 or 6 other houses can see it too???? You or your dh MUST tell him. Imagine how you would feel if people were seeing you and were too timid to tell you! Get some guts, and if you're still too shy, write an anonymous note and slip it in their mailbox!

amother

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 10:13 am
I would try to figure out an anonymous way to make them aware...
Next time your husband (or the other neighboring houses) may accidentally see the wife in the shower.

Bambamama

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 10:20 am
If 5 or 6 other houses can see him too, definitely let him know! All the better that all these people could possibly see him - now you can be anonymous about it and he won't know it's you.

goodheart

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 10:41 am
If u are embarrased to say it straight out then slip a note under the door but u should definatly make sure he finds out just think if it would happen to u wouldnt u want to know. good luck in how ever u do it.

Bambamama

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 11:36 am
I think it's preferable not to be anonymous about it if you can. It might embarrass him more to walk out of his house and wonder "Did that guy see me naked? Or was it her? or her? or him?" Perhaps just say it was your husband, and don't say he saw him naked. It shouldn't be a big deal.

octopus

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 12:57 pm
omg! I am neurotic not to take showers at night b/c of the window in my bathroom (also frosted).
Dh thinks I'm crazy but maybe I'm not anymore...

Atali

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 1:03 pm
happy2BaMommy wrote:
omg! I am neurotic not to take showers at night b/c of the window in my bathroom (also frosted).
Dh thinks I'm crazy but maybe I'm not anymore...

Why don't you just put up a curtain or blinds? Even if you are renting your landlord would probably have no problem with it.

octopus

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 1:42 pm
my question is, do all ppl with frosted windows put up shades or blinds, or do they rely on the frost?

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 1:58 pm
well, I guess it's time to put up curtains in my bathroom. I never thought about it. I figured if I can't see out, no one would be able to see in...

thanks for the info.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 2:00 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
well, I guess it's time to put up curtains in my bathroom. I never thought about it. I figured if I can't see out, no one would be able to see in...

thanks for the info.

I used to think that too, until someone knocked on my bathroom window while I was taking a shower embarrassed (I lived in a ground floor apartment at the time).

yo'ma

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 2:04 pm
I wish I could put up curtains, but I don't have any windows in any of my bathrooms. Crying
We use a lot of air freshener LOL Rolling Eyes .

Last edited by yo'ma on Thu, Aug 07 2008, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

yersp

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 2:06 pm
The first thing I did when I moved in was to put a curtain on the window. I bought the cheapest one I could find, it's the same material as the shower curtain. I had extra clips from hot rollers that I put on and now noone can look into my window.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette