Home

Would you freeze a sweet potato pie?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

BennysMommy

Post Posted: Thu, Aug 07 2008, 4:08 pm       Post subject: Would you freeze a sweet potato pie?
Ever done it? Would you freeze it already baked or raw? With or without the crust? (graham cracker crust)

proud_mama

Post Posted: Thu, Aug 07 2008, 7:37 pm       Post subject: re: Would you freeze a sweet potato pie?
I make a sweet potato pie thats the sweet potato mixture on bottom and a crumb on top, my kids love it, and I find its a pain to make it every week, so I make it in bulk, usually with around 9 sweet potatoes, and freeze 2 or 3 in pyrexes. They freeze very well. I've frozen them before baking, and after baking. I like it better when frozen before baking, just let it defrost overnight in the fridge, then stick it into the oven 45 minutes before Shabbos, and walla! you have a fresh sweet potato pie without the last minute hassle.

Pineapple

Post Posted: Thu, Aug 07 2008, 7:44 pm       Post subject: re: Would you freeze a sweet potato pie?
I would freeze it cooked. When you want it take it out in the morning and then put it in the oven for about 15 min on 350

NotInNJMommy

Post Posted: Thu, Aug 07 2008, 7:49 pm       Post subject:
I agree with pineapple...pineapple is also very yummy with sweet potatoes...

cookielady

Post Posted: Thu, Aug 07 2008, 8:04 pm       Post subject: re: Would you freeze a sweet potato pie?
I freeze it. It works well, just make sure that its well reheated.
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Page 1 of 1