Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Anyone ever heard of "Neveah" or "Nevaeh"
1  2  3  4  Next

Capitalchick

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 2:53 pm
Has anyone ever heard this name??

Neveah or Nevaeh

It's pronounced as "Ne-Vay-A"

Thoughts?

cassandra

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 2:58 pm
I think my mother used to use skin cream with that name.

Crayon210

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 2:59 pm
It's one of those silly "new" names that is just "heaven" spelled backwards. Rolling Eyes

Tamiri

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 3:04 pm
Wow, Crayon, you are smart. So, what is LaWanda?

Anyway, there is a Hebrew boy's name Naveh.
And a hand cream Niveah

chaylizi

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 3:07 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
It's one of those silly "new" names that is just "heaven" spelled backwards. Rolling Eyes

I've heard of this name too. Mind you working in L & D/Postpartum, I have heard way to many names that should be illegal. I'm sure chavamom & I could compile a list.

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 3:08 pm
yeah nivea cream for the face ... just like noxema ... only less smell ...

but I have heard of the name "Nava" and know a few girls with same ... one was in my sister's class a long long time ago ... and the other in my dd's class not so long ago ...

Capitalchick

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 3:22 pm
Hmmm...too bad....

It's not pronounced like the face cream "Nivea"...It's pronounced like the seminary name "NEVE" and then you add a "yah" at the end...

NEVE-yah

I know it's not...but it sounds like it could be a Jewish name!....Too bad it's not. I think it has a nice ring to it.

Oh..and can we Jews please reclaim the name "Isaiah" for boys....I love that name, but I feel like if I name my son that, he'll end up in a gang and then in jail.

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 3:26 pm
Capitalchick wrote:

Oh..and can we Jews please reclaim the name "Isaiah" for boys....I love that name, but I feel like if I name my son that, he'll end up in a gang and then in jail.

hey teens have enough issues ... please don't project what a name can do ...

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 3:37 pm

Its a nice fatty cream, especially nice for elbows, hands and feet....

cassandra

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 3:58 pm
Capitalchick wrote:

If you're lucky, he'll end up in the NBA.

chavamom

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 4:16 pm
chaylizi wrote:
Crayon210 wrote:

I've heard of this name too. Mind you working in L & D/Postpartum, I have heard way to many names that should be illegal. I'm sure chavamom & I could compile a list.

Uh huh. Last year we had a baby Urmajesty. Sibling to Yohighness. I promise I am not making that one up.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 4:19 pm
I see why so many countries you have to pick from the list. Those are terrible.

cassandra

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 4:27 pm
Hear about this one?

Quote:
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - A family court judge in New Zealand has had enough with parents giving their children bizarre names here, and did something about it.
ADVERTISEMENT

Just ask Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii. He had her renamed.

Judge Rob Murfitt made the 9-year-old girl a ward of the court so that her name could be changed, he said in a ruling made public Thursday. The girl was involved in a custody battle, he said.

The new name was not made public to protect the girl's privacy.

"The court is profoundly concerned about the very poor judgment which this child's parents have shown in choosing this name," he wrote. "It makes a fool of the child and sets her up with a social disability and handicap, unnecessarily."

The girl had been so embarrassed at the name that she had never told her closest friends what it was. She told people to call her "K" instead, the girl's lawyer, Colleen MacLeod, told the court.

In his ruling, Murfitt cited a list of the unfortunate names.

Registration officials blocked some names, including Fish and Chips, Yeah Detroit, Keenan Got Lucy and relations Fruit, he said. But others were allowed, including Number 16 Bus Shelter "and tragically, Violence," he said.

New Zealand law does not allow names that would cause offense to a reasonable person, among other conditions, said Brian Clarke, the registrar general of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

Clarke said officials usually talked to parents who proposed unusual names to convince them about the potential for embarrassment.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 5:00 pm
chavamom wrote:
chaylizi wrote:
Crayon210 wrote:

Uh huh. Last year we had a baby Urmajesty. Sibling to Yohighness. I promise I am not making that one up.

2 sets of twins: lemonjello & orangejello (named after mom's labor cravings) & 2 poor, unfortunate girls: placenta & clit0ris. also more obscene things that I would probably get kicked off the board for disclosing. and back to the more mundane: a little boy named seven. his mom thought it was a really neat name.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 5:00 pm
A young Jewish mother in my neighborhood (who I was kind of mentoring and her family was frum, she not) had a baby last year and she named her Neveah. Of course her reasoning was that it is heaven spelled backward. She did give the baby a hebrew name also, but Neveah was her legal name. I tried to convince her to just go with a Hebrew name (maybe Shamayim ) but I couldn't convince her. She pronounced the way you descibed NE-VE'-YAH. Hard on the VE. You have to admit though it does sound like it could be a Jewish name.

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 5:11 pm
Nava means beautiful ...

chavamom

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 5:11 pm
chaylizi wrote:

2 sets of twins: lemonjello & orangejello (named after mom's labor cravings) & 2 poor, unfortunate girls: placenta & clit0ris.

Nah, those are urban legends. Urmajesty and Yohighness I witnessed personally. Also a stillbirth named "Deceitful Liar" shock

chaylizi

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 5:23 pm
chavamom wrote:
chaylizi wrote:

2 sets of twins: lemonjello & orangejello (named after mom's labor cravings) & 2 poor, unfortunate girls: placenta & clit0ris.

Nah, those are urban legends. Urmajesty and Yohighness I witnessed personally. Also a stillbirth named "Deceitful Liar" shock

no I met the jello ones personally & my father had the twin girls as patients.

chavamom

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 5:31 pm
You know what is funny? Everyone tells me they knew the "jello" twins personally - in Nashville, in St. Louis, in Pittsburg. Seriously! I have heard this in so many cities with so many "I heard it first hand!" that I can say either it is one of the most common names out there or it is an urban legend. We knew an elderly doctor who told us that the Nasmo King (No Smoking) and Femah-ley (female) stories have been around since at least the 50's when he was an intern. Click the link I posted and see.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 5:57 pm
chavamom wrote:
You know what is funny? Everyone tells me they knew the "jello" twins personally - in Nashville, in St. Louis, in Pittsburg. Seriously! I have heard this in so many cities with so many "I heard it first hand!" that I can say either it is one of the most common names out there or it is an urban legend. We knew an elderly doctor who told us that the Nasmo King (No Smoking) and Femah-ley (female) stories have been around since at least the 50's when he was an intern. Click the link I posted and see.

I first read about nosmo king in one of the ramona books. I read it. the problem is that many of those names exist. unfortunately. okay- I haven't met a gonorrhea yet, but still.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names