Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Wear rings?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 11:55 am
Am I the only one who doesn't wear rings?
When I got engaged, I said that I don't want a ring because I don't like them and find them very uncomfortable. I got a ring Rolling Eyes . For my wedding ring, I said that I want it very thin because it probably would be more comfortable and I have short, fat fingers. I got a wide one Rolling Eyes . I don't wear any of them.

Raisin

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 12:00 pm
I do, but I don't think this is a very sensitive topic to post when someone just lost her rings!

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 12:02 pm
I love rings. More than earrings. earrings annoy me.
I have many many rings. People who meet me for the first time (like new cousins) see me over a 3 day period of time lets say, see me with many different rings and they always say thats its so wierd that I have so many rings and I always felt that ppl really did have alot. but apparently everyone else only has 1 fashion ring and I have abt a half a dozen or so!

anon

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 12:02 pm
lol, thanks Raisin, but it's OK, I don't mind.

In fact, losing my rings has made me cynical towards the whole concept of spending so much money on something that can be so easily lost.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 12:10 pm
I also try not to spend too much money, because I am the type to take things off and forget where I put them (although I did get gorgeous, expensive kallah jewelry (sp?)) I love rings but I have a major problem with sizing. In the winter, my rings are huge, in the summer tiny. I know it's not the rings, my fingers are just very sensitive to temp. So in the winter I wear my engagement ring on bottom (bigger) and wedding ring (1/2 size smaller by accident/bashert) to keep it in place and the ring on my other hand on my middle finger so it shouldn't fall off. I would buy cheaper rings, I just don't know where to to find nice ones, so I end up going to regular jewelry stores and spending more than I wanted to (not that often, don't worry).

greenfire

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 12:11 pm
could be that thread made her think how she doesn't wear them anyway ... and she started her own place to talk about it ...

so ... I got a wedding ring and engagement ring in a little box of faded memories ... plus my fingers got bigger after having babies so I got the wedding band stretched and never wore the diamond ...

I replaced my ring with a puzzle ring and my friend bought me a kosel name ring from israel ...

shopaholic

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 1:09 pm
I love wearing rings. I wear my engagement ring & wedding ring on the left hand ring finger & I have a gold twisted ring on the middle finger of my right hand. On Shabbos/Yom Tov & for simchas I replace that with a dressy ring.

ny_ima

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 3:32 pm
Quote:
greenfire wrote:

my friend bought me a kosel name ring from israel

I picture אש ירוק engraved in silver!

besides the wedding band
I had a real stunning ring w tiny diamonds...
well not too long ago I woke up and my finger was killing me.
I couldnt get the ring off, soap, oil, ice, didnt budge
my finger was getting blue and more swollen...
I woke my dh and he used electric tool to shave the ring thin
whilst finger in running water, so wont get burned!
he had to cut it in 2 places to finally pry it open cuz band was heavy

so NO I dont wear any other rings ever since!

eggplant

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 3:33 pm
u gotta point

pinkbubbles

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 3:10 am
Can't you wear them on a necklace or use the gold to make something else?

ny_ima

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 12:42 pm
Quote:
Can't you wear them on a necklace

I personally dont like that look. I actually love rings...
I'll wear a ring that goes on easy if not slip it off IMMEDIATELY.

just want to empahsize NEVER GO TO SLEEP WEARING RINGS.

Mishie

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 12:49 pm
Quote:
I picture אש ירוק engraved in silver!

LOL that's cute!!!

I'm funny with rings. If I wear them in the house, I feel "overdressed", and if I leave the house without them then I feel like my fingers are "naked" almost....

Tulip

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 8:04 am
to the one who wrote that her finger are short and fat and she got a wid wedding band:
I took mine and had it shaved to half the size. NOW I can wear it. Tongue Out What a shame: my inlaws could have paid half the price for it.

B'tzimtzim

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 12:47 pm
Quote:

Why not? I have been doing it every night since I got married and have had no problems. My rings never come off (aside for mikvah), I am too nervous that they will get lost.

octopus

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 12:49 pm
I wear all my rings when outdoors (not indoors). All 4 of them.

yummydd

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 2:50 pm
I hate wearing my rings, but now that I cant find them, I miss them..

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 5:46 am
My rings also only come off only for the mikve, except one that is "modern art" and includes glass and as such doesn't like water so much (water could come inside the glass, in the little cavity). But the others? I wear my wedding ring, engagement ring, my mom's bat mitzva ring and my 20 bday ring given by my dad all the time. I feel naked without them for sure. I dreaded it when I was told I would have to remove them to give birth (in case of surgery).

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Sep 04 2011, 9:14 pm
B'tzimtzim wrote:
Quote:

Why not? I have been doing it every night since I got married and have had no problems. My rings never come off (aside for mikvah), I am too nervous that they will get lost.

me too Smile

Last edited by amother on Sat, Jul 04 2015, 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 12:19 pm
I love rings but I find that after a while I just want to take them off they kind of annoy me

amother

Post Mon, Sep 05 2011, 12:19 pm
I love rings but I find that after a while I just want to take them off they kind of annoy me
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics