Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Attn brocolli fans please share recipes
1  2  Next

supermommy

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:02 am
what do you make with broccolli? I want something quick (so I can eat healthy fast) and something yummy (what do you serve/eat it with) so far I make broccolli soup, and throw some broccolli onto pizza, but I'd like more ideas for variety.

hannah95

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:11 am
We never eat them.
I was always taught that they are way too hard to clean and check them.
I think I even forgot what they taste like !

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:12 am
kugel, salad, plain, with dressing

Last edited by yo'ma on Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:13 am
I rather enjoy the flavor so I just steam or cook them ... however I do make a broccoli cheese quiche ... but that is to add flavor to the quiche and not flavor to the broccoli ...

Clarissa

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:14 am
Broccoli stir-fry with tofu and other vegetables, roasted broccoli, broccoli cooked in pasta sauce on pasta, broccoli quiche, etc.

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:17 am
I love brocolli. I steam it and season it with fresh grated garlic. I add brocolli florets to macaroni and cheese for the kids. I add it into beef stew in the last ten minutes of cooking... Throw into any dish..

Clarissa

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:20 am
Lady Godiva wrote:
I love brocolli. I steam it and season it with fresh grated garlic. I add brocolli florets to macaroni and cheese for the kids. I add it into beef stew in the last ten minutes of cooking... Throw into any dish..
I do, too. My husband is a broccoli-hater, so I rarely cook it for the family. Sometimes I steam a head of broccoli, make some kind of sauce, and just sit and dip the steamed broccoli in as a snack for myself.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:21 am
Broccoli quiche or kugal is good. You can do stir fry with suated onions and small pieces chicken and mushrooms.

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:23 am
oh yeah I do the stir fry on occasion ... when I'm not making a real recipe and throw in a little bit of this and that ... including but not limited to broccoli ... usually some cubed white chicken ... soy sauce ... onions ... and always garlic cloves ...

lovmyboys

We love broccoli salad

Lady Godiva

Clarissa wrote:
Lady Godiva wrote:
I do, too. My husband is a broccoli-hater, so I rarely cook it for the family. Sometimes I steam a head of broccoli, make some kind of sauce, and just sit and dip the steamed broccoli in as a snack for myself.

My husband never even tried brocolli until I made it for him. I know he loves garlic so I add that to most veggies to get him to eat them. Twisted Evil

Clarissa

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 11:06 am
I've managed to get my husband into vegetables he'd never tried, or had tried and not found appealing. Vegetables are a huge part of our meals here. The only one with which I failed was broccoli. Bummer, as it's so healthy.

bitzenkiv

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 5:22 am
try steamed broccoli to which you add a mixture of mayo, lemon juice, sugar, diced red onion, craisins and sliced almonds.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 5:29 am
Kugel - steam broccoli, add eggs, mayo and onion soup mix. Stir (the more you stir the creamier it gets), pour into a pan and bake.

Broccoli quiche.

Fettuccini with broccoli and cream sauce.

greentiger

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 6:37 am
Today I made a broccoli stir fry.

Sauteed an onion, added brocoli, salt and garlic powder, cooked till almost soft, added chicken strips and served on farfel. It came out delecios.

OldYoung

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 7:56 am
There's a really great recipe in the Dining In cookbook called Festive Linguine. It's pretty much broccoli florets and linguine (and spices, etc.) I can post the recipe, if you want. It's great!

Fabulous

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 7:59 am
OldYoung wrote:
There's a really great recipe in the Dining In cookbook called Festive Linguine. It's pretty much broccoli florets and linguine (and spices, etc.) I can post the recipe, if you want. It's great!

Please do. Major fan of broccoli here and dh is not too picky, usually likes whatever I make.

OldYoung

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 8:12 am
Fabulous wrote:
OldYoung wrote:

Please do. Major fan of broccoli here and dh is not too picky, usually likes whatever I make.

No problem! I'll post sometime later this afternoon.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Sep 04 2008, 8:13 am
Thanks.

OldYoung

Post Mon, Sep 08 2008, 3:18 pm
Sorry this took so long- Pineapple, if you're still local, this one's for you! Wink

I like to serve this with salmon, or with the SOT tomato basil chicken (minus the cheese and butter). It's a great side for Shavuos too.

Festive Linguine (Dining In, pg. 188)

1 1/2 lb broccoli florets
1/2 lb linguine
5 T. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 t. dried red pepper flakes, optional
2 T. lemon juice
1/3 c. parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 c. pine nuts, toasted

Cook broccoli until crisp-tender. (I just defrost frozen bag.) Cook pasta and drain well.

Heat oil in heavy, large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, stir 1 minute. Add pepper flakes if desired. Add broccoli, stir another 2 minutes. Add pasta to skillet; toss well. (I like to add a little bit of butter at this point to grease it up a little bit more. embarrassed ) Add lemon juice and cheese; mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and serve immediately.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes