Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Moshiach coming before rosh hashana?
1  2  3  Next

supermom

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 1:58 pm
Okay according to some in israel it is going around that Rav Shach came to Rav Eliyashav in a dream and told him that moshiach will be here before Rosh Hashana. Why don't I believe this to be true? I feel as though people say so much in this world who can we believe?

As for moshiach I want him to come badly but for some reason I am not to thrilled when I do hear that moshiach will be here before the end of the shmitta year. Is there something wrong with my faith? I feel a bit of a dread for what reason could this be stemming from? I would love to see my loved ones again that passed away, and end to all these bombs.

Last edited by supermom on Wed, Aug 27 2008, 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

yo'ma

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 1:59 pm
It would be nice to be true, but looking around, it doesn't look like it. Crying

Seraph

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 2:00 pm
I dont beleive anyone who makes firm announcements about the undetermined future and I have issues with those making the announcements as it can cause crisis of faith when the predictions don't come true. y2k but religious...

Imhappy!

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 2:01 pm
Halevei!!! I really wish that I really wish...

but the truth is that I really do hope for mashicah. everyday anyyday.

supermom

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 2:02 pm
I really do to!! I really hope everyday too but when I hear these predictions I start to think the oppisite. Confused

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 2:25 pm
supermom wrote:

As for moshiach I want him to come badly but for some reason I am not too thrilled when I do hear that moshiach will be here before the end of the shmitta year.

excuse my ignorance, but what does moshiach coming have to do with shmitta?

mandksima

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 2:32 pm
I read the Mishpacha article the other week and I thought it said it was the Chofetz Chaim that came to one of his students in two dreams in a row and told him to announce it to the world.

Either way, it makes me nervous to hear a definite date as it could cause pandimonium if things don't pan out.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 2:36 pm
How does this affect my menu planning?

red sea

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 2:52 pm
amother wrote:

I love a practical woman : )

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 3:00 pm
mandksima wrote:
I read the Mishpacha article the other week and I thought it said it was the Chofetz Chaim that came to one of his students in two dreams in a row and told him to announce it to the world.

Either way, it makes me nervous to hear a definite date as it could cause pandimonium if things don't pan out.

Yea I only heard abt the chofetz chaim dreams, not the Rav Shach dreams.
Ok, so if they are true...HOW do we prepare for Mashiachs arrival?

Crayon210

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 3:00 pm
amother wrote:

We'll still need to eat for Yom Tov!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 3:04 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
amother wrote:

I found this:

"When G-d created the world, He made a huge fish called the Leviathon and then He put it away, saving it for when Moshiach comes. What will G-d do with this big fish?

First, He will make a gigantic sukkah with its skin. Inside this special sukkah will sit all the holy Jewish people (tzaddikim) and G-d will make them a big, beautiful meal from the rest of this fish.

Also at this meal, G-d will serve delicious meat from an animal called the Shor Habor. This animal is so big that it can swallow a whole river in one gulp!

Do you know who will lead the bentching (grace after meals) at this special feast? Dovid Hamelech! This meal will be called the Meal of Moshiach."

Looks like a fleishig meal for the tzaddikim. I'll be having milchig, I suppose, in a tent that isn't as nice.

Crayon210

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 3:07 pm
Well, you can always borrow freezer space from me, if you're full from the Livyasan and the Shor haBor. ;-)

amother

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 3:10 pm
Aw, you're too kind!

chaylizi

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 3:13 pm
amother wrote:
Crayon210 wrote:
amother wrote:

I found this:

"When G-d created the world, He made a huge fish called the Leviathon and then He put it away, saving it for when Moshiach comes. What will G-d do with this big fish?

First, He will make a gigantic sukkah with its skin. Inside this special sukkah will sit all the holy Jewish people (tzaddikim) and G-d will make them a big, beautiful meal from the rest of this fish.

Also at this meal, G-d will serve delicious meat from an animal called the Shor Habor. This animal is so big that it can swallow a whole river in one gulp!

Do you know who will lead the bentching (grace after meals) at this special feast? Dovid Hamelech! This meal will be called the Meal of Moshiach."

Looks like a fleishig meal for the tzaddikim. I'll be having milchig, I suppose, in a tent that isn't as nice.

there is a really beautiful yiddish song about this. I think it's originally from yossele rosenblatt. roughly translated, the title is- what will be when moshiach comes. it goes through what we'll eat & drink, who will sing, say torah, bentch etc...

OldYoung

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 4:31 pm
The ones who don't know tell, and the ones who know, don't tell.

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 4:35 pm
OldYoung wrote:
The ones who don't know tell, and the ones who know, don't tell.

I agree with you %100 but why would tzaddikim say that they know when he's coming if it wouldnt b true??

sarahd

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:47 pm
In the Mishpacha article R' Zohn, the CC's talmid, specifically said that the CC didn't give a specific date when Moshiach will arrive; just said that he's almost here.

Twizzler wrote:
supermom wrote:

As for moshiach I want him to come badly but for some reason I am not too thrilled when I do hear that moshiach will be here before the end of the shmitta year.

The Gemara says, "Bemotzaei sheviis, ben Dovid ba" - Moshiach will come at the end of a shemitta year.

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:50 pm
sarahd wrote:
In the Mishpacha article R' Zohn, the CC's talmid, specifically said that the CC didn't give a specific date when Moshiach will arrive; just said that he's almost here.

Twizzler wrote:
supermom wrote:

The Gemara says, "Bemotzaei sheviis, ben Dovid ba" - Moshiach will come at the end of a shemitta year.

In the second dream of R Zohn it says before Rosh Hashana.

GAMZu

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 8:18 pm
supermom wrote:

As for moshiach I want him to come badly but for some reason I am not to thrilled when I do hear that moshiach will be here before the end of the shmitta year. Is there something wrong with my faith? I feel a bit of a dread for what reason could this be stemming from? I would love to see my loved ones again that passed away, and end to all these bombs.

I think the fact that you feel that bit of dread shows how much faith you DO have. Because we all know about the milchamos, and it won't be a pleasant beginning (unless we are living the beginning already). In any case, until everything settles down, it will be a little hectic and unpleasant. And it's only because you really believe it can happen that you have that fear. Smile
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics