Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Reizel Reit, TTI, Info
1  2  Next

wanderer

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 6:09 pm
Does anyone have phone numbers for them or another college consultant? I'm thinking of perhaps going the route of at home clepping, and was told to contact them.

Anyone? TIA

queen

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 8:07 pm

wanderer

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 7:25 am
Queen, is that Reizel's number?

Has anyone heard of TTI, test and training international?

Has anyone received their degree via this method? How did you find it compared to regular schooling?

Thanks.

sbs

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 9:42 am
smile:) wrote:

Has anyone received their degree via this method? How did you find it compared to regular schooling?

Thanks.

that's the number for tti, then you have to listen and choose the option you want for the degree you're looking for.
basically, they charge more then if you would just pay for all the cleps and online courses cuz someone's advising you what to take, etc...
doing a degree like this as opposed to sitting in school has its benefits like you can do things on your own schedule, at night, whenever you have time, but you need to be motivated on your own to do it, no one is gonna force you to go take a clep...
hundreds of people have received their degree this way.
also, I don't know at what stage of life you are but people could get credits for their seminary year in israel as well through tti.

greeneyes

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 11:40 am
TTI is the official name for the Raizel Reit program, I believe.

I went to Touro for a few years, but then when I wanted to finish up quickly because I was pregnant, I switched to the Raizel Reit program for my last 30 credits or so.

I enjoyed regular schooling more, but TTI is a lot faster, so if you want to get your degree more quickly that might be a good option for you.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

wanderer

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 11:50 am
Thanks green!

What was your degree for? Did you learn the same as you would've in school?

How much does the cost compare between the two?

octopus

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 12:14 pm
The degree is through excelsior college. I got a very vague degree- bachelors of liberal studies. But I used it as a springboard for my Masters program, which is through a traditional college setting.

wanderer

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 12:51 pm
How long did it take you to get your bachelors online? Do I have to start at beginning of semester or can start classes any time?

greeneyes

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 4:20 pm
Thanks green!

What was your degree for? Did you learn the same as you would've in school?

How much does the cost compare between the two?

I got a BSL, Bachelors of Science in Liberal Studies. Basically, with this degree I can continue on to a masters program in Special Ed.

The learning in TTI was very different than in a regular college setting. Instead of going to classes, you are given study materials, and then you take tests based on the material you studied. If you pass the test, you get credit for that course.

As far as cost goes, that depends on whether you are elibigible for financial aid. It also depends on what colleges you'd be considering. Touro, for example, would be more expensive than a community college like Kingsborough.

In my case, I got both financial aid and scholarships in Touro, so I didn't have to pay much. For the Raizel Reit program, on the other hand, financial aid didn't end up working out, and I had to pay a pretty penny.

The Raizel Reit program is probably more expensive, but if you are motivated, you can get your degree a lot faster than in a regular college.

wanderer

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 4:56 pm
Thanks!

Did you feel prepared enough when it came to the test? Did you learn as much as you would've learned in school? Is it possible at all the receive financial aid via TTI?

wanderer

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 5:02 pm
Do you think I can do both at once? School three times a week and then study at home? Or would it be undertaking wayyyyyy too much?

queen

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 2:44 am

Thanks.

It's the official number for Testing and Training International (the real name for Raizel Reit's company)
I've spoken with Raizel a few times and she is really very sweet.
The advisors are very professional and the business is run very well.

You meet with advisors at the beginning to plan out your degree, and then you keep up with them over the phone.

greeneyes

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 9:52 am
Thanks!

Did you feel prepared enough when it came to the test? Did you learn as much as you would've learned in school? Is it possible at all the receive financial aid via TTI?

I found the tests in Judaic subjects like chumash, halacha etc to be very straightforward. I studied the material well, and felt prepared for the tests. There were a few tests on special education subjects which had a lot more material to study so I didn't feel as prepared when it came time to taking the test. It's all very manageable though, if you are motivated to study and schedule your tests.

If you are income eligible, it definitely is possible to receive financial aid to cover some of TTI's costs.

As far as doing both at once, I'm not sure what you mean by that. Can you explain?

wanderer

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 11:27 am
Thank you.

I meant, is it possible to go to school three nights a week, and study with at at home program at same time? Or is it undertaking too much?

jgood

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 4:24 pm
I earned my Bachelors in 5 months through tti. I was single and worked part time so I did loads of studying. It was tough but fast. My master's took 14 moths with a 1 month break in between. every sunday 9-5 was a lot. It wasn't so bad because it was in a classroom so we were in it together. the fact is it was only once a week and I was able to work full time too. I only agreed to this b/c I knew it is a quick one. the work was lumped together but the professors were really understanding. this was also through tti. master's was for special ed.

good luck in whatever you choose to do.

Gefen

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 4:12 pm
How widely accepted is a degree from TTI? looking to go for a master's in special ed -

frummy613

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 4:19 pm
I took a test in TTI and thought it was great- really straightforward and the staff working was very helpful.

im looking to get a special ed degree as fast as possible- how could I do this is 14 months? do I have to live in NY to do this (not possible for me!)

allgood

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 4:25 pm
I truthfully think that the degree you got makes a difference for your first year or two. After that you get so much from experience and ppl are looking at your experience more than at where you got your degree.

For the masters program as far as I'm concerned you would need to come into Brooklyn every Sunday. I think the BA is possible to do from where ever. Give them a call they are very helpful

bnm

Post Fri, Jul 24 2009, 7:46 pm
school plus TTI is manageable if you do TTI very slowly. Impossible during midterms and finals week but you can schedule cleps for semester breaks and beginning of semesters when it isn't busy.

Gefen

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 11:32 am
bnm - what do you mean by combining school with tti?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries