Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Community recommendation

sporty

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 8:49 pm
Can anyone recommend a nice, young community with affordable housing in either NY or NJ?

DH and I would like to buy either a townhouse, or a house, and are open to any place but we just don't know where to look.

Thanks in advance for any advice....

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 10:50 pm
You have to give us more info to go on before we can help you.

What kind of community are you looking for - chassidish, yeshivish, MO, etc?

What do you consider affordable housing?

sporty

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 5:44 am
Right, sorry, I realize I was vague.
We are MO. DH wants to move to where all my friends live which is the five towns area, but the homes there are a fortune. I am open to going somewhere new, where I know we can make additional friends than the ones we have. I just have no clue where to even look. What is affordable homes to me? Well put it this way....the ones in 5 towns start at like 800,000 and go upward, and those homes can be old and run down. For some reason, the lower housing prices have not affected that area. We are in our mid-late 20's and we want to be near couples around our age.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 5:48 am
I always recommend Highland Park, NJ. I don't know about the housing, but the community is fantastic. I don't live there, but would love to.

traveler

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 7:46 am
I am not sure where in the 5 Towns you are looking but there are a lot of houses on the market in the 600K range - and in North Woodmere there are houses in the 500K range. As for as the what I've seen in the 800K range they were all brand new beautiful houses. Call a broker give them your price range and I'm sure they'll have tons to show you under 800K
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries