Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
The no US politics thread
1  2  3  Next

shalhevet

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 2:56 pm
So here I am, born and bred in London town, and with the zchus of living in EY for over 20 years.

In other words, I've never been to the US of A, and have no intention to do so.

Not only that, but I hardly understand anything of all these political threads.

So here is my thread. Please discuss whatever you want to without mentioning places like Chelsea and Mayfair and Bristol and Brighton. I really have no interest in a bunch of shiksas and their birth stories.

Off you go.

Aidelmom

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 2:58 pm
I was just going to start a thread like that; Not exactly I was going to write . Do politics bore you?

I just can't get myself worked up on these things. Now internet bans Wink that's something else.

Raisin

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 3:00 pm
shalhevet wrote:

So here is my thread. Please discuss whatever you want to without mentioning places like Chelsea and Mayfair and Bristol and Brighton. I really have no interest in a bunch of shiksas and their birth stories.

Off you go.

all of those places are in england.

We can talk about the chelsea flower show. Paddling in Brighton.

How about we talk about tzipi livni. Does she have any wayward teenagers?

chaylizi

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 3:02 pm
shalhevet- I'm a born & bred american. I've never lived anywhere else but, I probably am less interested in politics than you are. I probably have a malformed national feeling gland. just thought I'd point that out.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 3:13 pm
chaylizi wrote:
shalhevet- I'm a born & bred american. I've never lived anywhere else but, I probably am less interested in politics than you are. I probably have a malformed national feeling gland. just thought I'd point that out.

I'm also born and bred in the good ole U.S. of A and have ABSOLUTELY NO interest in politics.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 3:17 pm
I wish I had no interest at all. It just makes me feel agitated and depressed. I'd happily talk about food all day, every day. It may be bad for my weight but it's good for my blood pressure.

shosh

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 3:51 pm
I also think politics is a load of old rubbish. That's why I got into a really silly mood today and trashed an American political thread!

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 3:54 pm
politics is a great distraction for the men and keeps them away from Loshon hora. it actually is pretty refreshing for me and dh to fight on politics every now and then, we do think differently.

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 3:57 pm
Elephants are great animals.
Matriarical, male bonding, long memories and generally gentle.
They also have flat feet.

I loved "when elephants weep."

shosh

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 3:58 pm
When you live in Israel for a while, you see so much corruption, and most of us right-wingers are totally disenfranchised anyway. So you get rather cynical after a while. And I can't say I'm overly impressed by what you Americans have to vote for as president either. So I just tend to laugh at the lot!!!

It reminds me of the English elections. When I was a teenager, there used to be a bloke called Screaming Lord Sutch, of the Monster Raving Loony Party. His party were for the people who were disillusioned by all the "real" parties and felt they had no one to vote for. They were a bit of a joke, but they made a statement.

I sometimes wish they had a Monster Raving Loony Party here in Israel. You Americans might want one for the States. And then I came to the conclusion that all the candidates were monster raving loonies, so I guess there's no need .... LOL

chaylizi

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 4:03 pm
my husband worries about the leadership of our country enough for both of us. he talks about it so much, I have had to officially ask him to refrain in my presence. interestingly enough my husband is not a citizen & is thus unable to vote. I do not necessarily share his political views, but since I vote for both of us he feels the need to tutor me in the needs of the country. yawn.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 4:06 pm
shosh wrote:
It reminds me of the English elections. When I was a teenager, there used to be a bloke called Screaming Lord Sutch, of the Monster Raving Loony Party. His party were for the people who were disillusioned by all the "real" parties and felt they had no one to vote for. They were a bit of a joke, but they made a statement.
The English are smart. Their entire campaign for office doesn't take very long, does it? While over here, a president is barely walking home from his swearing-in when everyone starts the ball rolling for the next election. It's like watching the gestation of an elephant -- it takes forever.

Raisin

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 4:08 pm
At least you understand what is going on. when there are elections in my country I never have a clue who to vote for. I've never quite grasped what the different parties even stand for.

the fun thing where I live is that everytime there is a big question which would mean changing the consitution, they ask the whole country to vote. Of course most people don't care or understand the issue, about 3 people turn up and vote, and no one is happy with the result. so much for real democracy.

alas I am not a citizen so I can't vote in those elections.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 4:11 pm
shosh wrote:
When you live in Israel for a while, you see so much corruption, and most of us right-wingers are totally disenfranchised anyway. So you get rather cynical after a while. And I can't say I'm overly impressed by what you Americans have to vote for as president either. So I just tend to laugh at the lot!!!

I sometimes wish they had a Monster Raving Loony Party here in Israel. You Americans might want one for the States. And then I came to the conclusion that all the candidates were monster raving loonies, so I guess there's no need .... LOL

we have the green party & ralph nader instead. I think he runs in every election. I wonder why he's not running now.

shosh

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 4:11 pm
You should see what goes on here in Israel. Oh boy!!! And all the schmutz and all the corruption ... It's usualy a question of who gets caught first, rather than who's the most honest!

shosh

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 4:12 pm
Didn't you used to have Ross Perot? Wasn't he also a bit of a Monster Raving Loony?

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 4:12 pm
chaylizi wrote:
we have the green party & ralph nader instead. I think he runs in every election. I wonder why he's not running now.
I wish he'd run for the border. And to think I idolized him in my youth!

yo'ma

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 4:16 pm
Here, on election day, there is no work or school Exploding anger and it's not on a Sunday. I think it's the law or something that you have to vote, citizens that is.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 4:18 pm
shosh wrote:
You should see what goes on here in Israel. Oh boy!!! And all the schmutz and all the corruption ... It's usualy a question of who gets caught first, rather than who's the most honest!

we all pay attention to israeli elections. the israelis then tell us to get lost b/c no one cares what the americans think.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 4:19 pm
shosh wrote:
Didn't you used to have Ross Perot? Wasn't he also a bit of a Monster Raving Loony?

gosh, I forgot about him!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics