Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Ebooks/virtual books

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 12:29 pm
I'm buying a virtual textbook for college. they give me two options. I'm not sure which is better and its $95 so I'm only getting one crack at it.
here is a copy and paste of their descriptions of each type of option. any input, insight, advise, info needed and appreciated. tia

Online Viewing : Online viewing allows you to view your eBook from any computer that has a live Internet connection (a plug-in is required).

eBook Download: An eBook Download means you are purchasing an eBook file, but it is locked to the desktop of an individual’s computer. To use your eBook download, you will need the Adobe Reader or the powerful Zinio Reader. Our site will guide you to let you know which reader your eBook download requires.

Purchasing the online viewing option for your eBook makes sense if you don’t always use the same computer or you are taking a lab course. It is also the quickest way to get started using your eBook. The features of online viewing are:

You will be able to access your eBook from any computer that can be connected to the Internet.
You will be able to interact with the eBook in the following ways: text highlighting, making annotations, setting bookmarks, searching the web on highlighted words or terms, links to encyclopedias and dictionaries, etc.
You will be given a set number of page-views of the book. It will be sufficient for reading, studying, and reviewing your eBook. If you require more, the subscription can be extended.
You will be able to print out the pages in the book once for free.
You must allow a small plug-in to be installed before accessing your online account. This plug-in takes less than a minute to download (file size is 500K)
After you have completed your purchase: estimated time to begin using your new eBook = 5 minutes.

Purchasing an eBook/digital download might be preferred if you always use the same computer and you have a very fast connection to the Internet. Some eBook downloads require the use of the Adobe Reader and others require the Zinio Reader. Before you make your purchase, our site will indicate which reader option is available for the title: “Adobe Download” or “Zinio Download”. The features of an eBook download are:

You will be able to download the eBook directly to your computer. It can ONLY be opened from the computer to which it is downloaded. It cannot be copied or saved to another computer. You will own the eBook for as long as you own the computer.
Please be prepared that download times can vary depending on your connection and the size of your eBook file.
You will be able to interact with the eBook: text highlighting, making annotations, and setting bookmarks.
You will be able to print your eBook pages as often as you want.

Raisin

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 12:32 pm
If you only use one computer, download it.

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 12:35 pm
Raisin wrote:
If you only use one computer, download it.

I only use one computer. but what if something happens to it or I buy a laptop?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics