Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
What does 2 eyes, 5 eyes mean?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Sep 07 2008, 2:42 am
A friend of mine, who has had some trouble in her life, went to see someone in Jerusalem to lift off her ayin harah. he told her that she has 2 eyes on her and her husband has 5. what does this mean exactly?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 6:58 pm
*delete*

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 7:17 pm
I should think one would have asked the person she went to ...

but I could wonder - and think - if she has 2 eyes - everybody has 2 eyes so there is no ayin hora on her

but her husband has 5 ... way more than normal - so whom might be giving him the evil eye Teary Eyed

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 8:47 pm
Why didn't your friend just ask the person who told her this?

clowny

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 8:50 pm
Could it mean that she has 2 bad eyes on her and her husband has 5 bad eyes on him?Meaning the amount of people looking at them with a bad eye.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 2:23 am
clowny wrote:
Could it mean that she has 2 bad eyes on her and her husband has 5 bad eyes on him?Meaning the amount of people looking at them with a bad eye.

What does a person do with that information?

chani8

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 2:41 am
She has two flaws to work on and he has 5 flaws. She's hurt two people, he's hurt 5.

chani8

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 2:41 am
imasoftov wrote:
What does a person do with that information?

Tshuva, tefilla, tzedakka.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 2:53 am
chani8 wrote:
Tshuva, tefilla, tzedakka.

How does the number help with that?

chani8

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 3:37 am
imasoftov wrote:
How does the number help with that?

She has hurt two people, and he's hurt five. They have to each do a cheshbon hanefesh to figure out who those people are, so they can make tshuva if possible.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 4:54 am
chani8 wrote:
She has hurt two people, and he's hurt five. They have to each do a cheshbon hanefesh to figure out who those people are, so they can make tshuva if possible.

Ayin hara comes from hurting people? From the other posts on this subject on this site (and also from things that are not done to avoid ayin hara, such as a father and son getting consecutive aliyas, or mentioning how many children one has (and similar) without adding bli ayin hara) I though it comes from other people being jealous. Does people usually know who is jealous of them? Couldn't someone she doesn't even know have seen her in the street and been jealous?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 4:56 am
chani8 wrote:
ayin haras are usually that someone has done or said or something like that to the person who has the ayin hara on them, not the other way around.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 5:08 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
ayin haras are usually that someone has done or said or something like that to the person who has the ayin hara on them, not the other way around.

Usually jealousy.

chani8

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 5:13 am
Ayin hara is caused by hurting another jew. You hurt them, so they gave you an ayin hara. Making them jealous is one way to hurt them. Of course, you are not responsible for someone else feeling jealous, if you were not flaunting anything.

chani8

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 5:18 am
After you've made a cheshbon hanefesh and made amends to whomever you've hurt, if you can't think of anyone else to make amends to, then you can bittel any other possible ayin hara by saying the whole entire bedtime shma, starting with, most importantly, the paragraph before Hamapil, see in your siddur where it says, "Rabbono Shel Olam, I hereby forgive..."

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 10:21 am
another version

his 2 eyes
the 2 eyes of another woman
hashem's eye looking down on them

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 10:23 am
btw ~ I don't believe in the ayin hora ... why ? simply because hashem is above all and no person can play god regardless of how ill their thoughts or wishes are

imasoftov

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 11:31 am
chani8 wrote:
After you've made a cheshbon hanefesh and made amends to whomever you've hurt, if you can't think of anyone else to make amends to, then you can bittel any other possible ayin hara by saying the whole entire bedtime shma, starting with, most importantly, the paragraph before Hamapil, see in your siddur where it says, "Rabbono Shel Olam, I hereby forgive..."

I'm curious, do you believe that divinators can detect ayin hara (including the number of same) but not remove it? Or perhaps you believe they can also remove it, but removing it by teshuva is better. Or it seems dubious that anyone could detect/count it, but if someone believes they have two ayin haras, at least they'll do teshiva for two people they've hurt?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 12:26 pm
They remove it by pouring blead until it comes with no eye.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 4:11 pm
Ruchel wrote:
They remove it by pouring blead until it comes with no eye.

If that was in answer to my post, I don't understand how it answers any of my questions. The one about what is the use for the number of ayin haras? Or are you disagreeing with chani8 who said that the person with the ayin hara on them should find out who they harmed and do teshuva, while you say that the ayin hara remover will remove it by pouring lead?

If you're not answering me and are explaining that the point of the ceremony is to remove ayin haras, what do you think about chani8's posts here?

I'm not trying to get the two of you to argue, I'm just trying to understand what everyone's position is.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions