Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kosher indian food

Tila

Post Thu, Nov 25 2004, 10:56 am
In My treifa days I loved Indian food!! I would love to replicate some of the dishes I usta eat!! I am having a problem finding kosher curry pastes and premade chutneys with reliable cheshers. can anyone from any place help me??
Thanks!
Tila

taralynng

Post Wed, Jan 12 2005, 10:01 am
I've had the exact same problem, they're really hard to find..... but luckily it is possible to find the recipes for authentic chutneys, etc. I bought an indian food cookbook that has lots of color photos. I'm inspired, but so far haven't attempted anything. (When the craving hits, my husband and I head to Manhattan where there are some good kosher Indian places.... we like Madras Mahal, especially.)

What I wanted to tell you, though, was that Levana Kirschenbaum (of Levana's restaurant and cookbook fame) has an Indian cooking class coming up on Monday, March 21. Are you in NYC?

She is teaching how to make: red lentil soup, vegetable curry, raita & tomato chutney, rice and mung bean pilaf, spicy almond pudding, mango lassi, and chai. The cooking classes are held at lincoln square synagogue at Amersterdam Ave. and 69th St. from 7-9pm. Cost is $45 and includes dinner. Her website is: www.levanakirschenbaum.com

(FYI, the 92nd St Y also has Indian cooking classes, but unfortunately there is not a mashgiach.)

I want to try to go to Levana's class. Let me know if you might be interested and we could go together. Perhaps others are interested as well. Anyone?

Tila

Post Thu, Jan 13 2005, 10:39 am
I am in Canada and oh so envious of the wide variety of restaurants in NTC!! It has been years and maybe soon I will gey out there! Thank you for your help!! I will look for the cook book!
Tila Tongue Out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen