Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Cookielady's hamantash recipe

amother

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 10:30 am
You might all thing this is a weird time and place to be asking for this. Does anyone PLEASE have that recipe that everyone loved with Cookielady's hamatash recipe? I cant seem to find it in my searches. I am pregnant, have a huge craving, and need to make it NOW!!!!!! I will be much indebted to whoever sends the link. (I posted in pregnancy for obvious reasons but also because the news isn't out and I want to be anon).

atlastamom

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 10:32 am
Brownie Filled Hamantaschen

3 eggs
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup oil
1/3 cup apple juice
5 -51/2 cups flour
3 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp almond extract
3 tsp baking powder

Beat eggs and sugar until creamy. Add oil and beat. Add juice and extracts. Add baking powder. Gradually add flour until it becomes a good dough consistency. Fill with favorite filling ( I use brownie batter to fill mine)
Bake at 350 for approx. 10 minutes (until bottom is golden)

These freeze very well.

greeneyes

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 10:34 am
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....40380

Beshaah tovah! Enjoy your hamentashen! Smile

greeneyes

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 10:35 am
Oops, atlastamom, I guess we posted at the same time.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 10:37 am
Ah! You guys are life savers! Thanks! I just called my mom for another recipe I NEED to have! She tells me after looking for a few minutes that she will email when she finds it. She doesn't know I am pregnant yet. Doesn't she realize it is an "emergency?????" :-D
Thanks again.

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 11:00 am
I was having cookie emergencies and I'm not even pregnant ... so at least you have an excuse ...

enjoy l'chaim Drunken Smile

amother

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 11:01 am
You just got ME in the mood for Hamantashen (the real kind) and I sure as heck am not pulling out a mixer to make that. My husband already thinks I lost my marbles. (anon because my pregnancy is not public knowlege either.)

atlastamom

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 11:07 am
my preg. friend called me from the grocery store the other day for ingredients for peanut chews which she absolutely NEEDED!

flowerpower

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 11:10 am
Double the recipe so you can sit and eat to your hearts content.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 11:14 am
amother wrote:
You just got ME in the mood for Hamantashen (the real kind) and I sure as heck am not pulling out a mixer to make that. My husband already thinks I lost my marbles. (anon because my pregnancy is not public knowlege either.)

OP here - Ah I got the other recipe from my mom. This dough with raisins, jelly and nuts inside. Ahhhh. Just called my husband to pick up the ingredients when he comes home tonight. This is my 1st craving since I found out I was preg. I had one when I was preg but before I knew.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 11:15 am
flowerpower wrote:
Double the recipe so you can sit and eat to your hearts content.

I think her recipe of 5 cups of flour should be enough for me for now :-)

GetReal

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 11:22 am
My DH doesn't believe in cravings Sad maybe because I crave the same foods I want when I'm not preg., and try to stay away from because they are not healthy and fattening...he thinks I just take advantage of being preg. to eat whatever I want Sad

flowerpower

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 11:24 am
I totaly have real cravings when I'm not pregnant.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 1:11 pm
Yeah, GetReal - they think we take advantage of being pregnant for everything. Tell him to try being pregnant for a few days - maybe then he'll understand what a pregnancy craving is...

cookielady

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 2:16 pm
Op, I really hope this does the trick!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus