Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Married guy made a comment about my hat...
Previous  1  2  3

Bambamama

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 5:32 am
ChossidMom wrote:
(And, believe me - I know whereof I speak).

Hmmm... have an interesting story to share, ChossidMom? Wink

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 5:41 am
Yup, but I ain't sharing. It's Elul and all. Let's just say that inappropriate remarks were made to me and I didn't put the person in his place (because his wife walked up to us). I regret it till today (even though I haven't seen him in years).

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 5:42 am
ChossidMom wrote:
You are not going to get to take the easy way out (I.e. your husband). YOU are going to have to set the boundaries, my dear. It's really all on your shoulders. Gird your loins and just DO IT. You'll be very pleased you did. (And, believe me - I know whereof I speak).
I know, I know, its just annoying. I just know that there will be a next time so I will be waiting for it, oy vey.

also, chossidmom, its been a loooong time since ive heard someone day gird your loins. thanks, it made me laugh. Smile

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 5:43 am
Glad to be of service LOL

amother

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 5:54 am
I agree with ChossidMom that you have to do it yourself. I don't know what DH is like, but my DH sometimes is very jealous, and other times is so blind to what is going on! He has a very close friend who used to be a frequent guest in our home, and he became so comfortable with me that he once pulled an intimate piece of lingerie out of my laundry basket and commented on it. DH did not put him in his place, and I regret that I didn't. He since has made inappropriate comments, I swore next time I will put him in his place. But so far there hasn't been another incident.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette