Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Weird/funny things your cleaning lady has done...
1  2  3  4  5  Next

octopus

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 7:28 pm

Last edited by octopus on Fri, Jul 27 2012, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 7:30 pm
The craziest thing mine did was to take the job. If I were she, I would have walked in, taken one look around, and fled.

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 7:34 pm
I think she cleaned the windows this week with grease. Should I send it to a lab?

yo'ma

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 7:46 pm
It wasn't a cleaning lady and it was by my parents...but the handyman thought the pilot light on the oven was off while trying to fix something nearby using glue (something like that) and started a fire shock . A big one, too Sad !

yikes!

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 7:50 pm
I told my new cleaning lady to clean the walls. When I checked on her I saw her "windexing" the walls!

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 7:52 pm
yikes! wrote:
I told my new cleaning lady to clean the walls. When I checked on her I saw her "windexing" the walls!
I've used Windex on my wall. It works as an all-purpose cleaner.

yikes!

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 7:56 pm
C'mon, windex?? It does NOT do it for me! My walls need Mr. Clean n water. My kids fingerprints are like all over the place!

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 7:58 pm
For those of you ho have Nature Bright at home, guess what! Try it on a baby wipe or something, then wipe a mark on the wall. Can’t wait to be your new hero. Works amazing on crayons, markers, scuff marks, ketchup gook, etc. and will not leave a mark on painted walls.

Windex makes me choke.

Clarissa

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 8:08 pm
yikes! wrote:
C'mon, windex?? It does NOT do it for me! My walls need Mr. Clean n water. My kids fingerprints are like all over the place!
I use whatever is around. Sometimes diluted Simple Green, sometimes Windex, sometimes Formula 409. Sometimes just a cloth with a little water takes care of it.

yummydd

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 8:09 pm
Not so funny but one friday my eggs were on the counter cooling down, I went out for a minute and came back to find them all peeled!

yo'ma

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 8:15 pm
Once I was making a brocolli kugel and I asked my cleaning lady if she wanted the flower part because I was going to dump it otherwise, because I WAS NOT checking it. Since she said yes, I put all the flowers in a bag and put it on the side, then I started cutting the rest up to cook. I had to run out and get my kids. When I came back, I saw she took her flower part and threw out the rest that I had sitting on the cutting board with everything all washed Exploding anger . Of course I was upset, so my husband went out and got me more (they were really expensive). I thought the whole thing was so stupid of her, but she probably, or obviously, didn't understand, being I speak english and her spanish. I've never asked her since, if she wants the flower part Wink .

shayna82

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 8:25 pm
my ex cleaning lady was vacuuming a pair of panty hose, smoke was coming out of the vacuum cleaner and it was smelling like burning rubber, and she kept on going until I came in and told her to turn it off!!

octopus

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 9:17 pm

Last edited by octopus on Fri, Jul 27 2012, 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

shayna82

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 9:25 pm
yeah , thanks, I think.

and now my newer cleaning lady tells me that she is not gonna be able to come anymore, something about somene else needing her for more hours. come on, I was paying her $12 an hour, not exactly nothing...

right before yom tov!

misteray

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 9:26 pm
When I was much younger, it was a known rule that the cleaning lady did NOT clean my room and I'd take care of it. One time she ended up cleaning my room (no idea why) and I came home to see my entire eraser collection (100+) sitting nice and neat drying on a paper towel on my desk!

Miss Missie

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 9:38 pm
misteray wrote:
When I was much younger, it was a known rule that the cleaning lady did NOT clean my room and I'd take care of it. One time she ended up cleaning my room (no idea why) and I came home to see my entire eraser collection (100+) sitting nice and neat drying on a paper towel on my desk!

lol-hope it was before Pesach at least.

My mother's cleaning lady showed up with an umbrella that she stole from her. It still had the label!

COOLME56

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 9:58 pm
I told my cleaning lady to make up teh beds, later I found the cover sheet on the bed but w/ no inside in it.
Argh!!

mimishkl

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 10:00 pm
I was about to start making apple pie, I had all the ingredience ready on the counter, after finishing other thing I found the brown sugar missing!! after searching for it for 10 min. I started checking the cleaning ladys bags! geuss what she stole the brown sugar!lol till this day I cant understand why that woman wanted from my sugar!

bubby

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 10:08 pm
Mine brought her sheets & washed them in MY machine! Puke I pink slipped her & she took her laundry with her. After she used the dryer.

Puke again.

Maya

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 10:29 pm
I'm so grateful to my cleaning lady, I don't care how she does the job, as long as it gets done. But it does irk me that she puts the couch pillows and window vases and candles in the wrong place every single week. Oh well.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics