Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Left over rice

baba

Post Sat, Sep 20 2008, 2:28 pm
I have tons of left over plain white rice from shabbes that's "fleishig". Anyone have any ideas as to something nice I could do with this? Thanks

StrongIma

Post Sat, Sep 20 2008, 2:30 pm
you can serve it with stir-fry veggies with either a parve or flieishig meal.

Tamiri

Post Sat, Sep 20 2008, 2:36 pm
freeze it

baba

Post Sat, Sep 20 2008, 2:40 pm
I thought of that Tamiri, but we're just not big rice eaters, at least not plain rice, but that's all I had time for to make this shabbes. So I'm really looking for something to transform it.

Tamiri

Post Sat, Sep 20 2008, 2:57 pm
Rice Kugel.

baba

Post Sat, Sep 20 2008, 3:19 pm
ooh, that sounds interesting. I've never even heard of that. Do you have a recipe

Tamiri

Post Sat, Sep 20 2008, 3:23 pm
http://www.recipezaar.com/51191

yOungM0mmy

Post Sat, Sep 20 2008, 3:41 pm
fry some onions, mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, olives (any or all, or add your own) and mix into the rice. make chicken with gravy and serve over...

babygirl

Post Sat, Sep 20 2008, 4:48 pm
In the mishpacha there was a recipe for rice empanadas

mandksima

Post Sat, Sep 20 2008, 5:41 pm
I made pastrami fried rice this Shabbos and my family liked it. I didn't follow the recipe exactly but it was basically this:

Scramble an egg or two and break up in small pieces and set aside. Fry a bunch of scallions with some crushed garlic. Add diced pastrami (I used turkey salami and turkey breast) and fry till it is browning. Add frozen peas and leftover rice (mkae sure it is cold - I used half from the fridge, half from the freezer.) Stir in a few drops of soy sauce and the egg. Enjoy.

Raisin

Post Sat, Sep 20 2008, 7:06 pm
stuffed cabbage or peppers. I made a veggie version of stuffed peppers last week that was really good. It is in the spice and spirit cookbook. Or you can make meat ones and freeze for simchas torah.

NativeMom

Post Sat, Sep 20 2008, 10:30 pm
yOungM0mmy wrote:
fry some onions, mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, olives (any or all, or add your own) and mix into the rice. make chicken with gravy and serve over...

I was going to recommend something similar. For shabbos I stir fried onions, garlic, red pepper, and zucchini, added paprika, salt, pepper some garlic powder and added cooked rice to the pan. I mixed it up, put it in a 9 x13 pan and put some chicken on top. I covered it and baked it at 350 for a bout 45 min and then uncovered it and baked it for another 15 min. I've done this before with a whole chicken and used the rice and vegetables as stuffing.

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 11:45 am
leftover fried rice Ala Mommy3.5

Fry a medium onion till clear
Take a few slices of deli meat, roll up and slice thinly--throw in and saute with onion
Add leftover rice and saute till warm and slightly fried
Add a few drops of soy sauce and ketchup.
toss and serve!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes